Best 3 Concerts You've ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best 3 Concerts You\'ve ever seen?

1.Ozzy 1986 "Ultimate Sin," Austin, Texas Frank Erwin Center. I have never seen anyone control an audience the way he did that night. The show was fantastic.

2.Ozzy 1981 w/Randy Rhoads, Austin, Texas Municipal Auditorium. Still have the shirt and ticket stub. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

3. David Lee Roth w/Vai&Sheehan, 1987, Austin, Texas, Frank Erwin Center.

3b. Mr. Big, 1990 (I think) w/Billy Sheehan. Austin, Texas, Frank Erwin Center.
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

1. Monsters of rock tour 88 Washington DC Kingdom Come, Metallica, Dokken, Scprions, and VH. Dokken and the Scorpions stole the show.

2.Great White/DLR Eat'em and Smile 86/87 Roanoke Civic Center- Via slung his guitar over his shoulder and the strap broke. His Jem flew a good twenty feet across stage. He waved to the crowd and walked off stage as the band kept playing.

3. Whitesnake/Motley Crue 87- Roanoke civic center. That allstar lineup of whitesnake was the best ever opening act I have ever seen. They blew the Crue away that night.

Comment

1.Motley Crue/Scorpians 1999 at th gorge. I sat front row in front of Nikki and vidio taped the whole thing

2.Anthrax/White Zombie 1993 at the paramount.

3.Mettalia/GNR 1992 at the Kingdome.
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

1. Opeth 2003 deliverance tour NYC irving plaze
          2. Opeth 2003 Damnation tour NYC irving plaza
          3. Lacuna coil 2003 comalies tour, NYC knitting factory

They're the only 3 metal concerts i've been to...
          as for nonmetal... they were ok i guess, not really alot of memorable moments...it was more of just hanginging out with friends. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

This is tough to choose the best concerts, cos it's hard to distinguish the best shows I've seen with the best times I've had at a show, ya know?
            Well, I'll go with my gut which is:

1. Clash of the Titans '91 in Pittsburgh (well, just outside the city). Slayer came on right after AIC, and they kicked major ass, even though it was still daylight. AIC, Megadeth, and Anthrax were good as well.

2. Overkill at the Troc in Philly, in '93 for the I Hear Black tour. This was the first time I saw them. This was also the 2nd and last show where I did any stagediving/crowdsurfing...not that you see stagediving allowed these days anyway.

3. I gotta go with the 1st time I saw Type O Negative at Avalon in Boston in 1995. They played Halloween night that year, had a snow machine going toward the end of the show, and threw out 300 rolls of toilet paper at the very end where the crowd effectively TP'd the entire joint! ahh good times! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

1) Sick of It All w/ AFI - Halloween, 2001 in Houston

2) Slayer in 2003 in Houston or Danzig in 1993 in San Antonio

3) Motorhead - the Orgazmatron tour - saw them in a little club when the skinhead movement was big. There was a huge brawl and almost everyone got thrown out or arrested. I was 14 and this was my first concert.

Brett

Comment

I have seen a bunch but I have to put Ozzy w/ Randy on the Diary tour up there as being memorable.

Dream Theater on the Image and Words Tour.

Yngwie Malmsteen just before the release of marching out.

Some great shows I've seen that you wouldn't expect to be good, Journey, Foghat, April Wine, Alice Cooper, Al DiMeola, Santana, Jefferson Starship etc
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Dream Theater: The infamous "Master of Puppets" show in Chicago @ The Vic

Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Christmas Eve and Other Stories in Chicago @ The Oriental Theater

KISS: Reunion tour @ the Allstate Arena
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by markpb:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:

Testament/Savatage/Nuclear Assault - Late 80's - Toronto - Concert Hall - My first taste of Savatage. They blew Testament away hands down.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was at that same show too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Nuclear Assault was a band I figured I would never get to see, so that show was a gift. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I went to the show anticipating both Nuclear Assault, and Testament, and to be honest, I hardly even remember seeing them. I Had heard of Savatage before, but I had never heard any of their music. I was in awe. I was in a catatonic state through Testament's set. I went out the next morning and bought Hall of the Mountain King.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Crap - How could I forget Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I was in front of KK Downing about 30 feet from the stage. When the flame canisters went off, I thought I was gonna die. I can only imagine how KK felt, being right in front of them [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also saw Whitesnake and somebody (Crue?) with Vivian and Adrian in Biloxi.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Best 3 of the last 10 years:

1. Stryper-2003 Springfield, VA
                        2. Michael Schenker/Vinnie Moore-1999 Cleveland
                        3. Deep Purple-1996 Pittsburgh

Best 3 back in the day:

1. Rainbow/Gamma 1979 or 1980 Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh
                        2. Rainbow/Pat Travers 1981 Stanley Theatre
                        3. Tie
                        a. Ozzy w/Randy 1981 Stanley Theatre
                        b. Kansas/Frank Marino 1980 Civic Arena Pittsburgh (Marino was awesome)
                        c. Rainbow/Eddie Money 1978 Stanley Theatre
                        d. Black Sabbath/Ted Nugent 1976 Civic Arena (I was in 9th grade-my first concert)

Comment

1. Motley Crue Greatest Hits Tour, Dec 12, 1998. At the Roberto Clemente Walker Coliseum, Puerto Rico.

2. Kiss Psycho Ciscus 3D Tour, Apr 21, 1999. At the Roberto Clemente Walker Coliseum, Puerto Rico.

3. Stryper 7 Tour, Mar 6, 2004. At the Tito Puente Anphitheatre, Puerto Rico.

A special mention to the Def Leppard concert (can't remember the date), the Quiet Riot Alive and Well Tour, with Firehouse and Slaughter, Jul 10, 1998, and the Maximus Rock Tour with Motley Crue, Megadeth and Anthrax(who didn't came that time, came later alone), Jul 29, 2000. All at the Amphitheatre Tito Puente, Puerto Rico.

[ April 14, 2004, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: morbid ]

Comment

I can't decide the order...

1. Van Halen 1982 Diver Down tour. The King at the height of his powers. The boys just rocked...even better than they were on the 1984 tour. Dave actually sounded good.

2. Judas Priest - Defenders Tour '84. Amazing to see Halford walk out through the mouth of the Metallion singing "Love Bites". The best of my many Priest shows.

3. King's X - a small club in Utah supporting Dogman. They played like their asses were on fire. Doug's voice was especially juicy that night. Maybe this is my number one?

Honorable mentions:
                            Ratt - 1984 at the Salt Palace - SLC.
                            Scorpions - 1992 Delta Center - SLC.
                            Iron Maiden - 1987 - Halifax. Gotta a hummer in the restroom from my girlfriend, during "Alexander The Great". Awesome. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
                              Van Halen's Monster of Rock at L.A. Memorial in 88.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh yeah, I was there also! VH, Metallica, Scorpions, Dokken, and I forget the other band.
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kingdom Come

Comment

In no particular order.

Twisted Sister on their tour for Stay Hungry. They definitely rocked the house. Crazy show with tones of energy. And they actually sounded decent that show.

Ted Nugent on his Little Miss Dangerous tour. By far the loudest show I have been to. And Ted's guitar workmanship is second to none. Live he can hang with anyone.

Savatage on their gutter ballet tour. Incredible band with even more incredible guitar players.

And I know I will hear a ton of shit for this one, but I have to give the Outfield a shout. Yup you heard it right. Saw them at a small club on a night with nothing to do and wanted to find a club that actually had some women in it. lol For a pop style 3 piece band they totally kicked ass live. I couldn't believe it myself.
                                We must!
                                We must!
                                We must increase the bust!
                                The bigger the better!
                                The tighter the sweater!
                                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
                                X