Camel Spiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camel Spiders

Then it's settled. It is engrained in our evolutionary history that our ancestors were deathly afraid of spiders. Today, we have less of a need to be afraid of them since we're not living in the wild anymore, but we are still afraid because it's in us. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The tarantula didn't cure or even help my fear of spiders. It just made it possible for me to look at HIM. I named him after Randy Rhoads (rip). Also had a cat around the 87-92 era that I named Adrian....after Adje,another of my favorite players. I no longer name my pets after my guitar heroes. Can you imagine having a dog named Yngwie....try and get people who are unfamiliar with him to pronounce THAT name! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Fetch Yngwie, fetch! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Fetch Yngwie, fetch!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oooooh... That's harsh... haha...

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ the dog [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah that spider on the wall woulda caught 3 shoes and the end table. All I gotta see is the hairy legs under the clock and they shall become one with each other [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I got tired of stomping after spiders and roaches in Louisiana, so I had to practice doing a standing jump - got pretty good at it too [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I even got first place in like 4th grade for the standing broad jump - all I had to do was imagine I was going for a bug [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was at work one night a couple of years ago and this little garden-type spider came in the door. I started stomping after him, and he'd jump away, then turn and face me, then jump away, and on and on. I chased him for about 20 feet, then figured the only way to get him was to do a standing jump again (which I hadn't done in years). Nailed his punk-ass too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Of course I had to explain to my co-workers that I wasn't going crazy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                Of course I had to explain to my co-workers that I wasn't going crazy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heh, they knew you were already there, Newc! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, when you see a 6'3" guy flying across the room, it's usually cause for concern [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've spent a total of 10 months in the desert and have only seen 3 camel spiders. Trust me... that was plenty. They are viscious. (Did I spell that right, Ron? LOL!)
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Nope! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well Ron, just maybe he MEANS when they are made into liquid, they have a rating of their resistance to shearing?

Comment

Then THAT would be "viscuous", John! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ummm, "Viscous" actually...

Comment

I have this strange thing with spiders happen all the time: when I see one I just step on it, then after a short while I wonder what a marvellous creature I've just trodden on? I don't know, it must be some childhood thing.

Comment

Originally posted by metafaza:
                                I have this strange thing with spiders happen all the time: when I see one I just step on it, ....
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm like that with cats.
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X