Camel Spiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camel Spiders

I had a Praying Mantis for about four months ..i fed it crickets by hand . I kept her in a small aquarium...I used to let it run around in the yard and it never ran away ...it loved me....she became a redish color and about six inches long..

so when it died I threw it in the my red bellied Pirahna tank ..he ate it....he ate everything.

You know those Tomato big green worm catapillers things with the horn sticking out of it's ass.....the Pirahna ate that piece of shit too.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
      out of it's ass...
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They look tasty....mh.....barbeque.... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Tom,

You have to remember your drummer is a member of this forum also... Tuesday rehearsal, well, how can I put this gently, might be spidey-licious... I feel my spider senses tingling...

Comment

Spiders are fucking nasty, especially big ones. The funny thing is, when I was a kid, I lived in LA, and we had a couple of black widows in the garage. They didn't bother me at all, at least not in a grossed out kinda way. I was just careful around them because I didn't want to get bitten. I ended up smashing them into pulp because I found one on my bike one morning and it scared me.

As for the camel spiders, and that huge thing that NOTP posted, that is atrocious. I really wish I hadn't seen them.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

camel spider is not nasty..camel toes yes...

Comment

you know... there is not a single animal im afraid of on the ground

only sea animals and bugs freak me out!

Comment

When I was spending some of my enlistment in the middle of the desert I used to pass the time by digging up critters. Spiders, lizards, bugs, scorpions, you name it I found it. Their are some evil looking critters in the desert. Evil as sin. If I remember right I came across a few of these little things. I would throw what ever I caught into an MRE box and douse them with tabasco. It got some of those things pretty fired up. What ever was in the box fought to the death. Great fun, and it passed the time.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Dudes, the photos that I posted are not mine. They're photos that are passed around on the internet in threads just like this one. I don't know anything about the spider, but if I ever saw something like that in my house, I'd want to take a shotgun to it or something. And if it manages to survive the blast and live inside the walls of my house and breed a massive society, well, I'm screwed. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm:
                      I would throw what ever I caught into an MRE box and douse them with tabasco. It got some of those things pretty fired up. What ever was in the box fought to the death. Great fun, and it passed the time.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You sound like you were influenced by the 1969 film "The Wild Bunch". [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Once I prepared myself, I looked at NOTP's pics again. Nope, not recluses. Probably some variety of brown house spider. They can get massive. A couple of years ago, I lived in an old farmhouse and I had a small studio in the basement. The room had shelves all the way around it. There were a couple of articles of clothing, one of which was an old, pink C/J sleeveless, and the other was a Randy Rhoads silkscreen shirt. I noticed something not unlike that clock picture on page 1. Yep, legs....then I could see fukking eyes! I was only about 3 feet away. Started to hyperventilate; started scanning the room in a panic. There were 13 of these things all around the room, one on a wall here, another on a different wall. And they were the exact same ones that are in NOTP's pics. I was alone at the time and I could NOT get myself to run out of the basement. It was all I had to do to get away from them. I felt trapped. Grabbed the portable phone which was on my 4 track and called somebody (don't recall who...). They talked me out of the room. Next day, one of the other cops I worked with came over and killed a ton of them. They had infested the basement. When I finally built this house, I had friends come and move my stuff out of there. Typical old midwest farmhouse with a basement. Definitely the most terrified I've been in years.

Yes, I am a huge LOTR fan and saw the Return of the King. Just covered my eyes. My wife was with me and she helps me out. Pretty darned pitiful ain't I? [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Freaky story, man... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Damn! I can't believe you actually counted an exact number of them. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I would have ran the hell out of there.

Here we are, metalheads who deal with snakes and whatever other deadly animals mentioned in this thread with no problems, and we all have this innate fear of innocent spiders who are really quite docile by nature and certainly not so active-predatory like snakes. We're pathetic. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

For me, when I see a spider crawling across the wall in my room, I'll call for one of my parents to get it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Or, if I'm alone in the house, I grab a big wad of toilet paper and take practically 15 minutes to plan my "attack" so that the little bugger doesn't get away. I'm always fearful that if it escapes, it'll come back to get me while I'm asleep at night. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And they say that a person inhales/swallows 4 spiders on average in his/her lifetime while asleep. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
                            saw the Return of the King. Just covered my eyes. My wife was with me and she helps me out. Pretty darned pitiful ain't I? [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but we love ya anyways! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The spider was the scariest thing to me about ROTK too! I don't like spiders much.

My old boss had a tarantula in a terrarium in the office. Liked to feed it various live bugs and watch it make the kill and suck 'em dry. Anyway, when they shed, their exoskeleton looks just like the spider. Every once in awhile I'd come in and open my desk, and there was the tarantula! Its skin, that is, but it jolted me for that second till he'd bust out laughing. That, or he'd pin it up on the wall and say "Oh shit!
                              Don't move, Rich! Look up - real slow!
                              Fucking bastard!

Hey Tom, if you moved your shit out of that basement, how do you know none of them migrated in your stuff? They start off small, you know. Not to freak you out, but.....

I'd get my .22 out and start plinkin' in the situation you described! Well, maybe my pellet gun - smaller round, but all lead, and it's a Colt 1911 replica with a 13-round clip! Less likely to go right thru the spider and the wall.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Time to listen to King Diamond's spiders lullaby uh? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X