Sabbath question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sabbath question...

You guys are missing the obvious. Black Sabbath desperately needs to get Mike Tramp, formerly of White Lion, on vocals.....

...throws up hands and runs screaming.....

PLEASE DON'T BAN ME!!!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
      You guys are missing the obvious. Black Sabbath desperately needs to get Mike Tramp, formerly of White Lion, on vocals.....
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love Mike Tramp! His Freak Of Nature band was awesome!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Though, since Iommi married the singer of Drain STH, he'll probably have her fronting Sabbath soon. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, Dio is my favorite vocalist ever! I wish they could pull it back together and get the real (in my eyes) Sabath back out there. Failing that we get the next best thing, TONY MARTIN!
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
          TONY MARTIN!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He was the guy who sang on The Headless Cross, right? He was awesome!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, Tony Martin sang on Headless Cross, Eternal Idol, Cross Purposes, Forbidden and Tyr. Yeah, I could handle him being there too. He's a great singer as well.

Comment

Ah, I knew he sang on at least a couple Sabbath albums, didn't know which ones. I pretty much didn't buy any Sabbath album after Born Again.

Anyone know if there's any bootlegs floating around with Ray Gillen? I know he toured with them, not sure if he recorded anything, though.

Comment

I think the original tracks for Eternal Idol were recorded with him and then Martin re-did them....or something like that. I don't remember the exact story.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                  Joe Lynn Turner was the new guy or a hired hand in all those situations, and the guy has a great voice. He was hired by Blackmore and Iommi to do as he was told. I'm sure the same was true with Alcatrazz. To expect the same drive and
                  moxy of a Ronnie Dio is really not reasonable; Dio's pretty unique. In fact, Heaven and Hell has a rather noticeable influence from the sound Rainbow had when Dio was there. Iommi's
                  sound, and his style to a degree, are pretty different on those albums Dio sang on than before, or after too.

Hey, Turner's a hell of a lot better than Graham Bonnet! He just needs to sing for MSG so he'll have the hat trick on same bands he's been in as Bonnet! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe Lynn Turner has NEVER worked with Iommi, and he was NEVER in Alcatrazz. Turner:

--started off in Rainbow after Graham Bonnet was fired
                  --sang on three Rainbow studio albums
                  --put out a solo album after Blackmore joined the Purple reunion
                  --joined Yngwie Malmsteen for one album and tour
                  --started doing session work to pay the bills
                  --joined Purple for one album and tour
                  --more session work and albums released only in Japan/Europe
                  --also has a new group with Glenn Hughes, creatively called the "Hughes Turner Project". They have put out two VERY GOOD albums together-maybe the best stuff Turner has ever been associated with.

As far as Graham Bonnet--I love that guy's work in Rainbow, MSG and Alcatrazz!

Comment

Pro-fusion,

My bad on the Joe Lynn Turner resume. was replying to Newc saying he was in those bands, and he usually knows what he's talking about. I'd never heard of JLT in those bands either, but figured he knew something I didn't, since he seems to want to stalk and kill Turner! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Graham Bonnet? Ehh... he's okay, I just don't like the sound of his voice. I can stand it, it just does nothing for me.

BTW, regarding Ray Gillen, how and when did he die? I always hear the reference that he died, but no details.

[ April 08, 2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for the info, Pro-Fusion. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

lerx - Ray died around '93 from AIDS (or complications thereof).
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yeah, I think some kind of stomach problems related to AIDS.

Comment

Wow, what a shame; thanks for the info though.

Although I guess dead is dead, yet when you did it to yourself with an STD, that's just worse. You wonder how many people caught AIDS before we even knew it was there? Sad.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I like Dio with Sabbath...wore out Heaven and Hell...what a great album.

I still think Ozzy is the best singer for Black Sabbath.

I saw Sabbath with Ian Gillian on vocals and I thought the guy did a great job. I saw them in a small hockey rink in Toledo OH, general admission, fought my way to about one row of smashed humans, directly in front of Iommi...great show other than fighting the crowd off my back [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                                My bad on the Joe Lynn Turner resume. was replying to Newc saying he was in those bands, and he usually knows what he's talking about. I'd never heard of JLT in those bands either, but figured he knew something I didn't, since he seems to want to stalk and kill Turner! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Graham Bonnet? Ehh... he's okay, I just don't like the sound of his voice. I can stand it, it just does nothing for me.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't mean to pick your post out specifically. Just the thought of JLT trying to sing Sabbath material makes me laugh out loud! He's a good singer, but that's hardly his style.

As far as Bonnet goes, it seems to be a love/hate thing for most people. Since Down To Earth is my favorite Rainbow album, I guess that's where I learned to appreciate his vocals. Interestingly, after working with Bonnet in Alcatrazz, Yngwie tended to favor that type of 'sandpaper' vocalist for awhile, such as Jeff Scott Soto and Mark Boals.

Comment

Working...
                                X