Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sabbath question...

That was Dio.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Dio is my favorite 80's band.

Comment

Dio with Vivian Campbell will never happen, so who cares.....

Comment

Vivian probably can't even play that stuff right anymore; shit, he can't play Steve Clark's parts right for that matter!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
            Sabbath never sounded better in the studio than they did with Dio but I'm more than a little burnt on Dio's lyrical style (though his vocals are still exceptional). Personally I'd like to see them record with Glen Hughes again.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh c'mon, who gets tired of songs about rainbows and dragons? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Fortunately for me I never pay much attention to the words [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He his a kick ass singer. I'd go in a heartbeat.

What about Paul Shortino?
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hell yeah - Shortino singin for Sabbath [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Actually they need to do what Neal Schon did and find one guy that can sing like Ozzy, Dio, and Ian [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If they get Joe Lynn Turner I'll be there - just to kill the pansy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                If they get Joe Lynn Turner I'll be there - just to kill the pansy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'd love to see Sabbath live,either with Ozzy or RJD.Ozzy is now an MTV star altough,while Ronnie is the rocker.Falling off the edge of the world is one of my faves,I think they should tour togheter too [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Seriously, anyone thinking of getting a handsome singer, don't do it, unless you wanna spend your days playing those sappy-ass pussy-rock ballads like David Coverdale, anything Joe Turner has been in (Rainbow, Sabbath, Purple, Alcatrazz, whatever), or Journey/Steve Perry's solo shit [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                    For one thing, the singer will get ALL the pussy because the chicks will think he's the cutest, and he'll restructure the band to make sure he is the cutest, citing intangible and vague discrepancies with anyone remotely attractive to women in order to get them booted (see also: Coverdale's "personal differences" with John Sykes and Adrian Vandenberg, Turner's inability to turn Rainbow or Deep Purple into anything but Ritchie Blackmore's pet project Prog band (i.e. music for music fans, not for little teeny-bopper girlies) - which coincidentally is the same problem he ran into in Alcatrazz - hotshot guitarist overshadowing the singer [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - and then the highest atrocity ever; fronting Sabbath [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Joe Lynn Turner was the new guy or a hired hand in all those situations, and the guy has a great voice. He was hired by Blackmore and Iommi to do as he was told. I'm sure the same was true with Alcatrazz. To expect the same drive and
                      moxy of a Ronnie Dio is really not reasonable; Dio's pretty unique. In fact, Heaven and Hell has a rather noticeable influence from the sound Rainbow had when Dio was there. Iommi's
                      sound, and his style to a degree, are pretty different on those albums Dio sang on than before, or after too.

Hey, Turner's a hell of a lot better than Graham Bonnet! He just needs to sing for MSG so he'll have the hat trick on same bands he's been in as Bonnet! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                        Hell yeah - Shortino singin for Sabbath [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Actually they need to do what Neal Schon did and find one guy that can sing like Ozzy, Dio, and Ian [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shortino? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Give me a break, that guy can't sing! 3rd-string Coverdale on his best day!

BTW, Neal Schon didn't find a guy that could sing like Ozzy, Dio and Ian - he found a guy that could sing like Steve Perry, and whose name even rhymes! Joking aside, he didn't have to get a guy that could do 3 very different voices.
                        Tony Iommi goes through singers like underwear anyway, so if this year's guy ain't great, there's next year; I think he burns 'em for Samhain or something! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                          the same drive and moxy of a Ronnie Dio
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Hey, Rich! I finally got you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=moxie
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was referring to Dio's similarities to the Canadian band Moxy! Both are old!
                            Few realize that Ronnie Dio didn't just have a BAND named Elf, he IS an elf!

Ah, who am I kidding, I'm busted! Good shot, Ron!! Fair's fair, and all that!!!

Hope ya break a string Saturday night!
                            [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Just kidding! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Heh heh! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm all for getting Dio back. I've gotten to where I almost can't stand the Ozzburger anymore anyway.

Anyone see the Coors Light commercial that has "Man on the Silver Mountain" in it? I just saw that last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X