Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Nickelback and all other "pop-music bands" suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Nickelback and all other "pop-music bands" suck!

Dio is awesome ...but his lyrics are limited to Rainbows , children , demons and dragons ...

he's great though

and when he tries to step away from his "formula" it sucks total ass ....like "Double Monday" off Angry Machines.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Re: Why Nickelback and all other "pop-music bands" suck!

Originally posted by TEKKY:
      if you put Kansas' "Song For America" side by side to Dream Theater's "Metropolis, Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper" you'll notice that the two are very similar in composition.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Prove to me where Dream theater has even heard of Kansas. I don't beleive it. They would never even listen to Kansas for one moment.The would never have a Change of Season in their vision of not being influenced by Kansas
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Re: Why Nickelback and all other &quot;pop-music bands&quot; suck!

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Dream Theater not being influenced by Kansas, you kidding me? Petrucci worships Steve Morse and his playing with Kansas. I'm serious, listen to both songs and you'll hear it. The compositions are practically identical.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I thought the bolding out of change of season would ahve indicated my sarcasm. Foiled again I have been
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Sorry, not so quick on my head-foot today... I just came back to work after a funeral. I spent all day thinking it was Monday.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

forget about other bands! this is the my favourite of all! Metallicats!

Comment

Wow, some of you guys get really crabby when you've missed your afternoon naps. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Just as you get crabby when you want your bottle, or need your diapers changed!
                  [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh wow, look who's back!
                    In case you didn't read it, this thread turned into a rather civil and intelligent discussion.

Then you showed up Black Mask.

I am a deductive sort, but I'll leave this deduction to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                      Alright, perhaps I was too anal about the whole sellout thing.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe, maybe not but you're definitely entitled to your opinion. Assuming you had the option, I'd think that being in a successful "sellout" band and raking in millions of dollars would give your more freedom to explore whatever you want to do musically than just about any other option short of simply winning the lottery (though the odds of winning the lottery are probably better). And it really doesn't seem all that different from taking any other sort of job. You'll find that most people are not, when they get up in the morning, absolutely ecstatic about heading off to their jobs. Some are but they're the fortunate few. Personally I'd love to sell millions of albums and play to tens of thousands of people at a time as a "job". Heck, I'd rap with Ill Mitch if I thought it would get me there. Point being that it wouldn't change what I love or the kind of music I enjoy playing, it'd just be a job and one that would certainly be no worse than what most people do for a living.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                        this thread turned into a rather civil and intelligent discussion.

Then you showed up Black Mask.

I am a deductive sort, but I'll leave this deduction to everyone else.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You think BM is unrefined & inept? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That was my point; so many people here consider as sellouts everyone who isn't making the kind of music THEY like. If you build your ivory tower of judgement, basically you limit the number of talented musicians who will work with you
                          because of the negative vibe. Also, you will alienate fans of other bands who MIGHT like YOUR music, if they didn't hear you dogging everything they already like first. The sun doesn't rise or set on any one of our personal tastes.

Like I said, I'm not a big Nickelback fan myself, but I don't need to insult everyone that likes them by denouncing them. The music most of us like fits into various small niches of classic to power to extreme metal, all of which are marginalized today, unfortunately.

What Chuck said is true; most music buyers today don't really care about the meedly-meedly-MEEEEE. B1tch about that and you may as well b1tch that the sun doesn't rise in the north. Too bad for you. To me any form of hard rock other than the rap-rock is better than nothing.
                          Hell, even the shredders can't agree on who REALLY shreds, so we really fragment rather than having any unity as a genre.

I love shred, and I love simpler rock with feel as well; songs are the important thing even for the shredders.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The thing that gets me about most of the stuff I hear these days is that the songs are just copy pasted together. Every instance riff is identical because it literally is the same. I don't mind the cookie cutter song writing all that much - this is nothing new at all. But it's not just a cookie cutter formula for the song, it's a cookie cutter playing the song. The dynamics suck ass too. I was listening to some old Maiden and Priest the other day and it was really refreshing to hear dynamics and variety in the playing.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                              Alright, perhaps I was too anal about the whole sellout thing.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe, maybe not but you're definitely entitled to your opinion. Assuming you had the option, I'd think that being in a successful "sellout" band and raking in millions of dollars would give your more freedom to explore whatever you want to do musically than just about any other option short of simply winning the lottery (though the odds of winning the lottery are probably better). And it really doesn't seem all that different from taking any other sort of job. You'll find that most people are not, when they get up in the morning, absolutely ecstatic about heading off to their jobs. Some are but they're the fortunate few. Personally I'd love to sell millions of albums and play to tens of thousands of people at a time as a "job". Heck, I'd rap with Ill Mitch if I thought it would get me there. Point being that it wouldn't change what I love or the kind of music I enjoy playing, it'd just be a job and one that would certainly be no worse than what most people do for a living. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that's the point I was trying to make way back on page 1
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                                that's the point I was trying to make way back on page 1
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You were right on page 1, you're still right on page 3. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X