X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Idol (Steve Stevens)
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

• It's a new year so might as well post an update to this thread. I discovered these guys not too long ago, I definitely dig them a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
        It's a new year so might as well post an update to this thread. I discovered these guys not too long ago, I definitely dig them a lot.

Hail yesterday

Comment

• I've been listening to a lot of Caligula's Horse lately. The new album is really good. It made Mike Portnoy's Top 10 for 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/mikeportnoy...30845370266428

And Sam Vallen is as good as any prog metal guitarist out there

Last edited by VitaminG; 01-10-2018, 07:33 PM.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

• GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• I couldn't edit the last post for some reason so sorry for second post in a row...

Then I come down with this...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• First time I heard Jinjer on the radio I though a girl and a guy were doing vocals. Wrong.
                She can growl like a man and sing like a bird.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd love to hear her do a full song with clean vocals where she's belting it out near the end there. Her clean voice has some serious guns too. I think her growls are actually easy for her to do, it seems very natural and relaxed.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Some 90's punk-alternative. Not the Seattle stuff.
                    Last month I went to the first Jesus Lizard show of their recent "reunion tour" at the Metro in Chicago. I had not seen them live in 25 years. So for the past month it has been:
                    Lizard, Godflesh, Ministry, Lard, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Rollins Band, and Prong.

Comment

• I'll have to check some of these out as I've never heard of them...

I went to see Municipal Waste at the 9:30 last month, it was one hell of a show. I love seeing these guys! They had a few bands open for them; Shit Fucker, Macabre and Nails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                        They had a few bands open for them; Shit Fucker

Was their logo done in that "none more pointy" death metal font?
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Damn, digging that Jinjer. Very cool
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

• I'll lighten it up a bit with some cute Canadian chicks.
                            I give props to anyone that can write a simple catchy rock and roll tune.
                            Those Haim girls can rock, too, if you can get past the pop songs.

Last edited by Mudlark; 01-14-2018, 08:41 AM.
                            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Listening to Vio-Lence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6LoeGOzw0

Because I'm going to this next Saturday https://www.facebook.com/events/648851575502605/

Sean is the cousin of one of my oldest and best friends, so I'm showing the family some support (not to mention getting to see a hell of a show and probably hanging with some of the old locals from Dublin)
                              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

Was their logo done in that "none more pointy" death metal font?
                                I don't believe they had a logo at the show and I don't care to check if they have one. I was truly shocked by their performance; first when the singer/ bassist came on stage wearing nothing but boots, a studded leather thong (no pants) and his bass. And later in the performance when he made out with the guitarist, who was also male. Then the group's name made total sense... yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X