Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photobucket holding everyone's hotlinked images for "ransom" (P500)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just deleted photobucket, i have my own web site i can host my pix from so, photobucket and go away
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

So far all my photobucket links are ok

Comment

Photobucket is phucking with me. Guess I'll try imagur or something else. Had a ton of pics on PB but no skin off my back.

How do I direct link images from Imagur? Can I?
        Last edited by Grandturk; 07-16-2017, 07:07 PM.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Photobucket is phucking with me. Guess I'll try imagur or something else. Had a ton of pics on PB but no skin off my back.

How do I direct link images from Imagur? Can I?
          Yes you can. It will give you an option in a drop down menu for the picture for "Get Share Links".

Comment

This is why I bought my own domain a couple of years ago, because Comcast pulled a similar stunt.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
              So far all my photobucket links are ok
              From what I'm hearing, each user can see their own pics so they think all is well, but no one else can see them.

Comment

Can you see this?
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
                  Can you see this?
                  We can only see the "Please Update Your Account" banner.

Comment

That sucks! Only 399.00 a year for 3rd party hosting. Fuck Photobucket!
                    Last edited by jacksonaxes; 07-25-2017, 09:31 AM.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

well, there you go. I've received an email warning about 3rd party hosting and that my account has been restricted because of excessive use. The only photobucket pics that I have posted any where recently are the handful in the Sully Guitars post on this forum. So my 'excessive' use must be the dozen or so people who have seen those pics here
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

This not only sucks for Photobucket users; it also sucks for the rest of us when there are photos on forums that we REALLY want to see and can't.

Comment

Photobucket was especially popular in the 2000s, with many users uploading their photos to Photobucket and then hotlinking them to forums (which also seemed to be more popular in the 2000s, before the days of Facebook). Now it's like there is a blackout on a large portion of the internet because of dead Photobucket links littered all over the web. Even if you never used Photobucket, a good percentage of image-sharing people did, and now all that content is effectively broken.

Photobucket must have fixed whatever bug was preventing me from downloading my own photos because now I can. I hope to rescue my images and upload them to another photo hosting site in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            Now it's like there is a blackout on a large portion of the internet because of dead Photobucket links littered all over the web.
                            Yep. Go to practically any forum you can think of and find the threads entitled "Show Us Your....." and you'll see that stupid Photobucket "You Must Update" banner everywhere. I hope they go out of business after the smoke settles because this is totally unacceptable. I've never used them, but even when they were working I hated when people used them because they were so slow and tedious.

Comment

I used them for years for content hosting. Then this BS, remove all photos and uploading "FUCK YOU" photo until my accounts are full with that image.

Comment

I had some cool stuff on there too dammit. Like that professional artist's pencil sketch of me performing with my custom built, one of a kind guitar.
                                Let me try and see if it still works...
                                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                                X