Mother-fucking Microsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
    There's a free program out there called GWX Control Panel. (I won't make a link 'cos it's dead easy to Google...)
    That will get rid of all the W10 files hidden on your computer. It worked like a charm for me!
    Installed now. Thanks!

Comment

If Win XP was still supported, I'd still be using it (went from there to 8.1, did not pass "Go", didn't receive $200)
      but you're talking to a guy that still has Winamp as default MP3 player
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Happened to me months ago, just decline the terms& conditions & it'll go back to your previous os. Everything I've read about 10 makes it look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          but you're talking to a guy that still has Winamp as default MP3 player
          Fuck Yeah I'll never let that fucker go... using version 5.6.3
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

I did the Windows 10 upgrade at home last night and I'm really loving it so far. Here's a tip: if you decide to upgrade, don't do the "online" method because it takes forever. Instead, go here and get the ISO:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/soft...load/windows10

Then you can burn the ISO to a DVD, run setup.exe, and it'll go much faster. This ISO is the same as the free upgrade, so you can use it on as many PC's as you like until the free upgrade period is over. I only needed to do it on one, but it still was a much better way to go.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The reason some are being upgraded is because you previously installed updates that allowed it to run 10.
              I manually do the updates, so now I don't have to worry about having it forced on me. I don't even have the 'nag' box.

You can uninstall them to get rid of that stuff.

As to Windows 10.
              My mother bought a computer ''off of the QVC'' and had me set it up for her.
              After a week, I had her return it. Windows 10, for me, was not the issue. The hardware was the issue. But Windows 10, while having new stuff to deal with, was not all that different, in terms of using it, from the previous versions that we have all come to love so much.

Comment

I've heard of people having big issues with Skype on Windows 10 - anyone know if this is sorted out yet?
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Love Windows 10 and have it on all my PCs now.
                  That said, if you don't want it, policy the fucker out.
                  This is what we did to all of our work computers.

• Click Computer Configuration.
                  • Click Policies.
                  • Click Administrative Templates.
                  • Click Windows Components.
                  • Click Windows Update.
                  • Double-click Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update.
                  • Click Enable.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    Love Windows 10 and have it on all my PCs now.
                    I've had Windows 10 for a few months at work, but I hesitated to upgrade at home because my PC is slightly older and the motherboard can only handle a max of 4GB of RAM. So I assumed that Windows 10 would slow it down, since each new version has traditionally been more bloated than the last and used up more resources. I was wrong. This one definitely performs better than before the upgrade (from Windows 7). But since the upgrade is, in a sense, a reload, that's probably the reason. It cleared some of the clutter and gave me a fresher registry.

Now I wish I had upgraded at home months ago.

Comment

Thanks PT. I have a 5 year old ASUS laptop that has always run like a dog with Win 7 even though there was barely anything saved on it let alone, power hungry programs. Tried the "online" way and after 2 hours, it still hadn't even started to download....as far as I could tell!
                      www.vvforums.com

Comment

Yeah, the "live" upgrade is excruciating. Just get the ISO, burn it, and kick back for a bit.

Comment

I did the 10 upgrade on my Win7 laptop a few months ago. It did take a while but once I got it up and running and changed a few settings I like it. My wife had 8.1 on her laptop and I hated it big time.
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

If you're running 7 or 8 and don't want to upgrade to 10... you need to run this Aegis script. It removes all the telemetry, hosts and update patches so you won't get hit with the W10 nag. I'd suggest turning off updates completely. If you want to check for updates, go ahead and update first, then run the Aegis script and then turn off updates.

https://voat.co/v/technology/comments/853510
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X