Mother-fucking Microsoft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother-fucking Microsoft!

My laptop is being force-fed the Windows 10 "upgrade" I've been rejecting for months, without my explicit permission, as I type this (on my desktop, obviously).

This cocksuckery has got to stop before someone in Redmond finds their children nailed to a tree and skinned like a fucking catfish.

It was bad enough I had to endure forced updates on a gaming console or else I couldn't connect to an account and online service I fucking PAID for, but now they're trying to do this shit on my PC!?

Every time the Windows 10 "upgrade" notification popped up, I declined, X'd out, "Remind Me Latered", "Not Right Now'd" and clicked every option relating to "Fuck Off And Die, Stop Bothering Me You Fucking Fuck", but I guess the Gestapo had enough of my freedom of choice.

So help me this motherfucker better roll back without incident or I'm driving to M$ HQ and beat someone to death with my laptop. I shit you fucking not.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I'm resisting the update reminders. I'm being vigilant, because I hear they sneakily made the X button in the top right corner into a command that actually installs. THAT IS DECEPTION. X BUTTON IS SUPPOSED TO CANCEL, NOT INSTALL. BAD MICROSOFT.

I've uninstalled the system update that displays the little Windows 10 icon in the taskbar. But that came back like a bad rash.

I think we're all going to be assimilated eventually. Just have to try and hold out for as long as possible.

WINDOWS 10 IS SKYNET from the Terminator movie franchise.

Comment

There's a free program out there called GWX Control Panel. (I won't make a link 'cos it's dead easy to Google...)
      That will get rid of all the W10 files hidden on your computer. It worked like a charm for me!

Comment

Go have a beer. haha

You can definitely roll back super easy. I am not a big fan on how it is automatically starting on others as well, even on non compatible systems!

With that said, if your computer can handle it, just make the jump.

Comment

Unless your hardware can't handle the upgrade, just go with it. I installed it on a 7 or 8 year old laptop running Windows 7, and it turned out fine. I actually thought it was a pretty decent upgrade, more user friendly and intuitive. Just be sure to google the new privacy invasions, and turn them all off! Or, at least, as many as skynet will allow you to. LOL

Comment

The thing is, I want to try Windows 10 to see if I'll like it... just not on MY damn computer at first.

Problem is that everyone I know is similarly holding on to Windows 7 so I have no one taking the brave first step into the unknown. All our office computers only RECENTLY "upgraded" from Windows XP to Windows 7, so I imagine we won't be working with Windows 10 for quite some time.

I have an old laptop with Windows Vista that I don't use, and I'd be happy to use that as a test bed for Windows 10 if Microsoft only allowed Vista machines to upgrade for free.

Comment

If you're comfortable with using 7, then 10 probably won't be a difficult adjustment. It's really users used to running Windows 8 that may find it difficult to transition. IMHO, 8 sucks and is very different than both 7 and 10.

Comment

not sure what OS you're on but I had no problems going from win7 to 10 and no issues afterwards. It is was worth it (free) to me.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Xanax dude, alot of it
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I like Windows 7, but I upgraded to 10 on my desktop last year that's at least 5 years old, it took awhile, but it works fine. Took even longer on my wife's laptop that's at least 6 years old, but it does work quicker.

I've got a small netbook/notebook laptop that I only use for work when I'm out on a job, it's got Windows 7 Starter, and I won't upgrade from that. It does what I want/need it to, so I keep ignoring the updates. I'll be real pissed if it automatically upgrades on me!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My wife still gives me shit for running Windows XP Pro on my desktop. The only thing I do is chat on the same forums, and keep pictures and logs of my fishing and guns. If I remember right, I also heard that you lose your Windows media player and files with Windows 10, so that's been another reason I've had zero desire to upgrade. When Skynet starts making me do what they want I'd be getting fucking pissed off myself. Skynet can go fuck itself for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        My wife still gives me shit for running Windows XP Pro on my desktop. The only thing I do is chat on the same forums, and keep pictures and logs of my fishing and guns. If I remember right, I also heard that you lose your Windows media player and files with Windows 10, so that's been another reason I've had zero desire to upgrade. When Skynet starts making me do what they want I'd be getting fucking pissed off myself. Skynet can go fuck itself for all I care.
                        You do not lose Media Player or files with the upgrade, you do get the new player called Groove I believe. I use both.

End of life for Windows 7 is 2020 according to Microsoft.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

You don't actually lose Media Player, but it fucks up your settings. Mine was unusable at first, but then I eventually got it up and running after changing something. I don't really care for the Groove Music player, but it works fine.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Come on Newc, the NSA Utah Data Center needs to log every single keystroke you make, every email you send and probably jack in via your webcam and microphone any time they want. Get with the anti-American spygrid. Why do you think Windows 10 is "free" ???

Windows 7 for me. I will NEVER go to Windows 10.

Comment

It took a while, but it did roll back. The first thing it did was start downloading the Win 10 "upgrade" again! I had auto updates turned off, and it turned them back on!
                              Haven't had a chance to make sure all my programs still work.

The issue for me is all the software I've paid for over the decades that still runs in 8.1 - not all of it works with 10, from what I've read. Since 10 doesn't include subscription fees or purchase vouchers for the compatible versions, and I have no legitimate reason to "upgrade" to the newer versions, losing access to those programs is not an option.

I never understood the hate for Win 8. I was running the exact same interface on the 360 for over a year before it hit the PC, as well as on my old Android phone (tiles and shit) and aside from a few minor changes to a few minor M$ programs I rarely (if ever) used, it works fine for me.
                              I've got 7 on an older box, and Vista on an older laptop. They're identical in appearance, at least for me because I have Vista set to look like XP. I guess I can see the attraction to 7 since it's "familiar", but as I said, the 360 had the same interface 8 does for a year before it hit PCs, so I'm comfy with either one.

And you get a personal assistant named Cortana? Wow, awesome, does it also come with the Halo armor and an assault rifle? A holographic display of her? No? Fuck the fuck off, fuckers.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X