Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallica - The worlds greatest metal sellout band? I think so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I've always preferred Megadeth over Metallica. Though, I think James' voice is just a little better.
    Studio gimmickry makes Dave's vocals tolerable. "Live," well, two cats fuckin would be a good description of his vocals.
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
      Studio gimmickry makes Dave's vocals tolerable. "Live," well, two cats fuckin would be a good description of his vocals.
      True! Actually, they now tune down to D to make it a little more tolerable, also.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
        Sorry but I don't like Machine Head for the singer calling out Phil
        Ex Machine Head drummer, Chris Kontos, called Robb out on that one, as well as Phil.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          Yeah, well that's like your fucking opinion!

LET FREEDOM RING! WITH A SHOTGUN BLAST!!!
          Aha, now, when "Burn My Eyes" came out, I fucking LOVED it, it was way ahead of anything else at that time, they were Kings of Metal. So much potential, such a shame they went downhill so quickly, and it was exacerbated by Mr Flynn being a total helmet. I'd go as far as to say that it was him personally that drove me away from metal and guitars for a while about 20 years ago - whenever that fucking dwarf would pop up in his purple trousers and cornhole rows, I really wanted to smack his mouth in. They seemed to be on every tour, every festival, him being a politically correct twat everywhere, what a tosspot - he wasn't representative of me and MY mates (and, just to get this vaguely back on topic... back in the day, Metallica certainly were - ripped jeans, zits and basketball boots, drinking and having a laugh, just like us.)

Given that Vio-lence is one of my top 5 bands of all time, you think Phil Demmel joining would be a step in the right direction, but Flynn grates me so much I couldn't give a shit. (I loved Demmel's band Torque though)
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Fair enough! SOME of their work was quite enjoyable(and some was definitely a miss)... Incidently, that was the longest post I think I've ever read from you without referencing Maryjane rotten Crotch, stank minge, wizard curtains, etc.. As well as having a valid point and direction, your Mum would be proud!
            Last edited by Jayster; 03-19-2016, 12:18 AM.
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I'm sooooo sorry, I don't know what came over me (oo-er!), I promise I'll make up for it shortly...

I nearly broke her back

Comment

without referencing Maryjane rotten Crotch, stank minge, wizard curtains, etc..
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

wizard curtains
                  PMSL, I've just noticed that - you mean "beef curtains" and a "minge like a wizard's sleeve".

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    Aha, now, when "Burn My Eyes" came out, I fucking LOVED it, it was way ahead of anything else at that time, they were Kings of Metal. So much potential, such a shame they went downhill so quickly, and it was exacerbated by Mr Flynn being a total helmet. I'd go as far as to say that it was him personally that drove me away from metal and guitars for a while about 20 years ago - whenever that fucking dwarf would pop up in his purple trousers and cornhole rows, I really wanted to smack his mouth in. They seemed to be on every tour, every festival, him being a politically correct twat everywhere, what a tosspot - he wasn't representative of me and MY mates (and, just to get this vaguely back on topic... back in the day, Metallica certainly were - ripped jeans, zits and basketball boots, drinking and having a laugh, just like us.)

Given that Vio-lence is one of my top 5 bands of all time, you think Phil Demmel joining would be a step in the right direction, but Flynn grates me so much I couldn't give a shit. (I loved Demmel's band Torque though)
                    I can absolutely see where you are coming from. Flynn is a tool for sure. I still love blackening. Just a great album
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

As for the best music it was with Cliff period.

And that could have been it! Lars was set to be fired by the end of the tour in 1986. It's offcial and true.

By the funeral it was dropped and it became Lars and James and we got the Justice album.

I can see now they had to go into another direction but they simply lost what Metallica were with Cliff as the great inputs came from Mustaine first or Cliff. With Cliff it got refined and it was MOP.

Its not like anything after 1991 by Metallica is worth it in the long run.

By Load the world was into brit pop after grunge and Cobain thank god was no more, no pun intended!

Who cares number 1 we done it!

Lars being the musician is a joke. He never was.
                      What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                        Sorry but I don't like Machine Head for the singer calling out Phil

He could have addressed Phil when he was in front of him like a fucking man and have him answer for his BS, but instead he had to do this crap of pretending like everything's cool to Phil's face, then going to the media when he's safely 1000 miles way from Phil to not only go after Phil but indict metal in an effort to drag the SJWs into the equasion to now want metal to be under the blanket-control of the mainstream "unacceptable behavior police"
                        I agree with you. I love Machine Head, I think their latest album is a true masterpiece, I fucking love it. But Flynn's shit-talking about Phil was out of order. Say it to the man's face, or not at all.
                        Same goes for Scott Ian. I very nearly didn't buy the new Anthrax album because of his comments about Anselmo and, to be honest, now that I HAVE bought it, I'm wishing I hadn't. Not feeling it at all, same as Worship Music. They should never have shat on Bush. Joey sounds amazing but the songs Charlie writes nowadays are songs for Bush, not Joey.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RR2772 View Post
                          As for the best music it was with Cliff period.

And that could have been it! Lars was set to be fired by the end of the tour in 1986. It's offcial and true.

By the funeral it was dropped and it became Lars and James and we got the Justice album.

I can see now they had to go into another direction but they simply lost what Metallica were with Cliff as the great inputs came from Mustaine first or Cliff. With Cliff it got refined and it was MOP.

Its not like anything after 1991 by Metallica is worth it in the long run.

By Load the world was into brit pop after grunge and Cobain thank god was no more, no pun intended!

Who cares number 1 we done it!

Lars being the musician is a joke. He never was.
                          Justice is the best thrash album ever. And without Lars, dick or not, there would be no Metallica.
                          I assume people hate Lars because he has a big mouth, and he looks like a tit, and he's technically a shit drummer. But he's written more classic music than Kirk or Cliff or Jason or Robb.
                          The biggest problem with Metallica's music for me in the past 20 years is a) James's vocals with all the "yeah-eh" rockabilly shite and lack of aggression and b) James's horrendous, ball-less rhythm guitar tone. That guy needs to start using Duncan Invaders and cheap gear again, cos his signature stuff sounds like fucking shit.
                          So, to sum up, why does Lars get the blame for ruining Metallica when James is clearly more at fault, even if he does come across as a nicer guy?
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X