Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallica - The worlds greatest metal sellout band? I think so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    bollocks like Mastodon and Lamb of God
    Whoa there, Seabiscuit. Them's fightin' words.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
      Whoa there, Seabiscuit. Them's fightin' words.
      Agreed I am a fan of both of them.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Mastodon are my boys. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but Leviathan and Crack the Skye are great albums and they continuously put out solid music.

Lamb of God are a constant on my workout playlists. Ashes of the Wake is almost always on repeat.

Comment

Those first couple Mastodon albums are phenomenal. Excellent band.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Right, all of you fuckers - OUTSIDE, NOW!

You've got to be kidding, I hate to sound like my Dad, but it all sounds the fucking same with no tune. Seriously. Just a load of muddy guitars and some idiot roaring over the top - saying "Motherfucker" every now and again, just to keep it edgy and cool for young kids. Totally unoriginal, indistinct from a million other similarly shite bands, nothing to hook me in, no earworms to drive me mad, no cool riffs that I can't help playing air guitar to when I hear them.
            I've tried to listen to them, I really have, but when your brain starts switching off after half a song and you find you are getting annoyed for no other reason than the row you are hearing, it's time to accept they are shit, IMHO.

(Add Machine Head to that list too, they were there on that fateful day when I swore to no more festivals - absolute knackers from a band that could have been so much, but just turn out the same formulaic garbage time after time.)
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

https://youtu.be/wz56aruweJY

Give it a listen, bro.

In the meantime, I'll text Bill and let him know to make his riffs less boring for the next album.

Comment

(Add Machine Head to that list too,

saw them open for Metallica, just a bunch of noise and all songs sounded the same, then for the finale dude just threw his guitar down and it sat there feeding back what seemed like forever, crowd wasn't cheering, just seemed confused.

really disappointing
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Right, all of you fuckers - OUTSIDE, NOW!

You've got to be kidding, I hate to sound like my Dad, but it all sounds the fucking same with no tune. Seriously. Just a load of muddy guitars and some idiot roaring over the top - saying "Motherfucker" every now and again, just to keep it edgy and cool for young kids. Totally unoriginal, indistinct from a million other similarly shite bands, nothing to hook me in, no earworms to drive me mad, no cool riffs that I can't help playing air guitar to when I hear them.
                  I've tried to listen to them, I really have, but when your brain starts switching off after half a song and you find you are getting annoyed for no other reason than the row you are hearing, it's time to accept they are shit, IMHO.

(Add Machine Head to that list too, they were there on that fateful day when I swore to no more festivals - absolute knackers from a band that could have been so much, but just turn out the same formulaic garbage time after time.)

Wow the whole Blackening Album to me is fantastic. Halo is just a great song. I am a big fan of the lyrical content.

Lamb of God are insanely tight and high energy. I can understand not liking the vocals but I think randy does an excellent job

The ambience of Mastadon is love hate and I can understand that
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

'Blood And Thunder' by MASTODON... 'nuff said.
                    That drummer is in a league of his own.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                      saw them open for Metallica, just a bunch of noise and all songs sounded the same, then for the finale dude just threw his guitar down and it sat there feeding back what seemed like forever, crowd wasn't cheering, just seemed confused.

really disappointing
                      Machine Head is pretty good. I saw them last summer on Mayhem Fest, they put on a really good show. Robb Flynn and Phil Demmel have played Jacksons since the '80s when they were in a band called Violence. Robb doesn't seem to play them any more, but it's cool that Phil does.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love Lamb of God, have all their albums. I don't have anything from Mastodon, but I've liked everything I've heard from them. Saw them live on some festival two summers ago, and they were really good.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

have all of LoG's albums, all of Mastodon's. A couple too many of Machine Head - I think they've made two really good albums & the rest I could do without. Here's a tip - if Flynn is wearing cornrows, avoid

Lamb of God actually got me into that style of vocals. I really didn't like the singing at first but couldn't deny that riffage
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Blood of the Scribe, Ruin, and Hourglass are fucking SAVAGE. LoG write some killer riffs, and Chris Adler is a monster of a drummer.

Comment

(Add Machine Head to that list too
                              Yeah, well that's like your fucking opinion!

LET FREEDOM RING! WITH A SHOTGUN BLAST!!!
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Sorry but I don't like Machine Head for the singer calling out Phil

He could have addressed Phil when he was in front of him like a fucking man and have him answer for his BS, but instead he had to do this crap of pretending like everything's cool to Phil's face, then going to the media when he's safely 1000 miles way from Phil to not only go after Phil but indict metal in an effort to drag the SJWs into the equasion to now want metal to be under the blanket-control of the mainstream "unacceptable behavior police"

Now people are watching what they as to not offend the hurt-feelings brigade say while up until now Metal's always been offensive to someone.

I don't endorse what Phil said at all, but at the same time it should have been handled differently as opposed to Robb Flynn wanting to raise the professional shit-throwers as his personal army to go after him.

Comment

Working...
                                X