My ZL1 dyno'd at max power: 731, max torque 672, video and dyno sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
    I was gonna ask the same question regarding the bolt in. I've gone back and forth in my head on installing an 8pt roll bar on my Z28 to stiffen the car even more (as the subframe connectors did wonders), but my concern about changing my mind in the future has held me off especially since the side bars can be a hassle and I'm not a spring chicken anymore at 34 lol. The only option in my head is weld in as bold holes can elongate over repeated torque twist on the car and my '92 being a unibody tends to twist more (not sure if the 5th gen is unibody??) than full frame obviously. Anyways, nice job on the ride so far....great numbers and curve!
    Rudy, you do anything during the NHRA top fuel? That's the only event I've even gone to at RT66.
    Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    Can't get my stupid iPhone to multi quote. Anyway, from the pix I see a bolted in roll bar but then again I can't see all areas just certain ones. I prefer welded in definetly. For getting in over the side bars to enter/exit, some people weld in the bars except for the side bars. It looks in the pix like you have swing out side bars. That makes getting in/out easier. On my 93 Mustang all that is welded so I have to crawl over the side bar. But a swing out side bar is still NHRA accepted so you can go that route.
    I never shot the NHRA race at Rte 66 but I have shot both IHRA and NHRA at Norwalk, Ohio. I do mostly the NMCA and NMRA races though and I love it!
    Ok it's a 6 point roll cage, chromolly, it is a bolty but is reinforced in a number of areas making it a very good cage, the nice part is the ZL1 already comes with a number of reinforcements making it track ready so the cage just makes it even more stiff, there is a give and a take of course which you guys already are aware of, it is NHRA and SCCA legal, none of my guys have heard of the NMCA or NMRA before so I would need to do some homework on them.

I haven't seen my car in almost 4 months other than pictures but when I pick it up Nickey will explain more to me.

Originally posted by guitarguy2237 View Post
    Mmm...sweet sweet American V8 torque curve. Very nice.
    When I first saw it I felt very small like I just jumped in to the unknown headfirst. Honestly it scares me.

Comment

NMCA is the National Muscle Car Association. NMRA is the National Mustang Racer's Association. They have a joint race together at Joliet (Rt 66) called the Super Bowl of Drag Racing. Basically it's where the fastest "street" cars run. They both also have a class called True Street which requires the car to be truly street legal, drive on a cruise on the street then return to the track to make 3 back to back runs. No tuning or changes allowed to the car in between, has to run street legal tires. Fastest 3 run average wins. Of course we also have 5 second Pro Mods too. Something for every gear head
      Last edited by roodyrocker; 02-14-2015, 12:45 PM.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Stopped by Nickey this morning to see my Z and the other rides.

Comment

More nice cars!

Comment

Nice! I always enjoy shots of Muscelcars!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nice build! I've always been more a fan of light and mid-engined, but your ZL1 could definitely change my thinking.

Comment

Hey ZL1Hawk, you still out there ? I think you'll be able to appreciate my new toy I picked up this weekend. It has some really tasteful engine, exhaust, tune and interior mods, at 720 hp now.

Comment

God damn!
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                  X