No announcement yet.

when do you sell gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i get bored w it, i sell it. i used to keep a bunch of parts but now i just keep a couple pickups, pots, and lil stuff like that. keeping too many parts like a body or a neck will make me build another mutt for no reason other than i can lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      I've only sold gear to fund more gear.
      Exsactly.
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

When my collection reached 76 guitars, I said "WTF!" and starting selling and giving away stuff left and right. Plus, the move to a different climate pretty much convinced me that I didn't need more than two guitfiddles. What I do need is more AMMO!!!
        "POOP"

Comment

I generally work on the principle that everything is for sale for the right price. There's only a couple of guitars that I wouldn't sell (unless the alternative is sleeping on the street, in which case they're gone too).

But as rule, I sell something when I get fed up having gear that I'm not using and don't feel any connection to - generally I try to more or less break even, but sometimes it's just a case of "fuck it, get rid of it so I can use the money for something else". Sometimes if somebody comes to me with an attractive offer for something I wasn't looking to sell then I can be still tempted. Selling (well, packing and shipping) is a pain for sure, but it's nice to get that paypal balance increased so I can go shopping guilt free LOL
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            I generally work on the principle that everything is for sale for the right price. There's only a couple of guitars that I wouldn't sell (unless the alternative is sleeping on the street, in which case they're gone too).
            I've got a few that I would use as a pillow out on the street.

Comment

I hardly ever sell gear, I usually trade it for more gear . I do know that I buy way more gear than I ever sell and my wife absolutely can not stand it X 2
              I like black and white guitars

Comment

Also I think I could build a Survivorman shelter and bed out of a few guitar cases out on the street if I had to.

Comment

I usually sell gear on the cheap just to get rid of it quick but I sell when stuff piles up.

Comment

I buy and sell all the time and try to make a buck or two and cover shipping.
                    Guitars I have gotten for a fair price and fixed up I sell just to break even or trade for other gear.
                    USA Jackson and Charvel guitars I generally keep.Gibson Fender ESP PRS I generally buy cheap and make a buck.
                    I'm an amp whore and have way too many.
                    Selling a VHT Pitbull 2X12 combo and a Fender Frontman 2X12 combo here in 30 min or so.Have my 79 L.P. custom on hold for a guy as well.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have no patience for selling. too many sob stories, tire kickers or low-ballers. I tend to trade at music-go-round, sam ash, or GC. I take a beating, but once I decide I want gear gone I want it gone before I change my mind or talk myself out of it. just the other day I traded a DXMG, a squire CV tele, a fender Princeton chorus, and an ampeg SVT classic mini-stack at sam ash for an roadworn players strat and a space echo pedal.

could I have sold for more - sure. was I happy with my transaction? yup.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X