No announcement yet.

Do you hate hangovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple solution to a hangover is to drink more water.

Seriously, everyone I know who complains about hangovers don't drink anywhere near enough water. I easily take in 1.5 gallons a day and haven't had a hangover for as long as I can remember. Hell, Monday morning 6-mile runs are our "detox" runs at work to sweat the alcohol out before the week begins. My friends back home who complain after drinking are either A) physically weak or B) dehydrated.

Usually it's a combination of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post

Seriously, everyone I know who complains about hangovers don't drink anywhere near enough water. I easily take in 1.5 gallons a day and haven't had a hangover for as long as I can remember. Hell, Monday morning 6-mile runs are our "detox" runs at work to sweat the alcohol out before the week begins. My friends back home who complain after drinking are either A) physically weak or B) dehydrated.

Water always did the trick for me until age 35 then my body just didn't detox as fast.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Age has something to do with it man. I have always been bad with hydration and when I was in my 20's I could go harder with zero side effects compared to now in my 40's. On top of that, they don't hit as bad when you are a highly trained death from above artist in peak physical condition compared to a call of duty couch warrior.

Being hydrated is the biggest thing though for sure.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I agree completely with the fact that 99% of everyone I know is chronically dehydrated. No matter what guideline for water consumption you use, most people also love coffee, soda, alcohol... Age is also a factor, all through my 30's I never experienced a hangover. Now into my 40's it's a bit different.

I shoot for drinking a gallon of water a day, after my 2 cups of morning coffee.

All of you in favor of the weed. I agree with legalization, there are many benefits to it. The bible is actually pro-weed, but most people have no idea because they haven't read it and formed their opinions based off of what other people say it says. Tommy awesome about helping cancer patients!!!! I've devoloped a lot of my own opinions about cancer and the great lies of the AMA, based off of watching my Mom's 8 year battle with breast cancer and wished that my family learned many things before blindly following the advice of doctors/oncologists/trained parrots in lab coats.

Anyway the idea was to try and pass along something that was helpful to me, I don't drink very often anymore and that may play a part in the whole hangover thing too. Maybe twice a month, and maybe once every 2 months to the point of impairment(done from the safety of my own home).
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

jay,batty and all, drink some holy water, that's what I do. this stuff is the greatest thing I've ever done for my body and I do not drink anything else unless i'm out for dinner. no more gunky soda, or fake bottled water that has packaging that makes it look like its from a "spring" or wherever. guys, get yourselves into this shit, it hydrates the living daylights out of you. the water brewery is right up the road from my house I will not drink anything else. http://www.thewaterbrewery.com/ and for those of you not near a water brewery type place, get a kangen filter, they're not cheap but neither is your health! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVvYQvuoFgg (can you ugys belive this is me posting? haa haa!!!) oh yeah, here's the deal, hemp is a plant, and therefore it cannot be patented. to drug companies, no patent means no $$$$, hence no interest in producing a cannabis based drug. END of STORY.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

also, how would a higher rate of DUI's come about? has anyone here ever heard of someone getting a driving while stoned on pot in their entire lives? I have not. i'm not making fun of that thinking, i'm truly curious. if it were made legal, does that mean people who didn't smoke it prior are all automatically going to start smoking it? no. it's still a ways off people, this country will for the most part continue to live in the dark ages in regards to legislation on this stuff, it's too bad, this countries policies should be driven by science, not an invisible man in the sky. or at least driven by something that could seriously help some people, while at the same time put a little coin back into the country.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                also, how would a higher rate of DUI's come about? has anyone here ever heard of someone getting a driving while stoned on pot in their entire lives? I have not. i'm not making fun of that thinking, i'm truly curious. if it were made legal, does that mean people who didn't smoke it prior are all automatically going to start smoking it? no. it's still a ways off people, this country will for the most part continue to live in the dark ages in regards to legislation on this stuff, it's too bad, this countries policies should be driven by science, not an invisible man in the sky. or at least driven by something that could seriously help some people, while at the same time put a little coin back into the country.

Yes, more people would smoke if it were legal. Even my own mother says that if it was legal that she would want to try it. I am a cocaine guy. Marijuana, even heroin, legality doesn't affect me. lol All the stimulants I use, people find it odd how much I drink. Its my only downer.
                But, the dui issue isn't about more people doing it. It is about more people doing it openly. And that means driving.
                Right now, in my state and the states that I know the laws of, if you get in an accident and they test your system and find pot, you do not get a 'driving under the influence of marijuana' charge like you would if it was alcohol. You just get arrested for the drug usage, and maybe some reckless driving. That's because any usage of marijuana is illegal. But if pot was legal to use, the government would then need to find a way to determine if you were driving while stoned the same as they do with alcohol.

That's why I say that the argument of less driving accidents while high is only because of the law.

Not that I agree with the alcohol/dui laws either.

But you're right, enough of the subject.

Comment

"trying" it because it's legal and smoking it are two different things, but I understand what you are saying. in regards to the dui stuff, pot stays in your system for up to and sometimes over 30 days. someone could get in an accident, have it in their system, and not be stoned at the time. people could also use that as an excuse to get out of the trouble, but I digress, I've never heard of anyone killing someone else or crashing because of pot, other drugs absolutely, just have never heard of it with pot.

Comment

I'm a little disappointed in y'all, I threw the alley oop out there and no one slam dunked it.......

If there's a

I'll be the first in line,
                    But, it better work this time
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

such a clever young jayster, darling boy!!

Comment

Working...
                      X