Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting content onto an iPhone without iTunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
    I like the Android openness, but, there is one little flaw Android users forget to mention: You have to pull the battery or reboot the phone 10 times a day....even if you leave it stock.
    I do? My Anroid seems just fine. I'll reboot it every once in awhile maybe if I download a new app or delete something, but very rarely do I.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I do? My Anroid seems just fine. I'll reboot it every once in awhile maybe if I download a new app or delete something, but very rarely do I.
      same here. I might reboot it a couple of times a week. Can't remember the last time I took the battery out of it.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

What was it I said?
        Freedom to make it awesome. Freedom to screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          same here. I might reboot it a couple of times a week. Can't remember the last time I took the battery out of it.
          I've never taken the battery out of mine. I've got this industrial D30 cover on it that was a bitch to get on, so I won't be taking it off unless I ever need a new battery...
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My old android phone still worked fine (HTc hero) but my brother's Sanyo zio started going 'tard, so since they were both eligible for free upgrades, I got iPhones. I wanted the galaxy s3 but they were out of stock. I did like the os but free is free. So far anyway

as long as itoons doesn't piss me off, I should be ok.
            not crazy about the idea of having to go through "the committee", but we'll see how it goes.

amplitude is definitely on my short list, along with an irig interface, but the phone's only 16gb, so unless I can use it to record straight to my laptop, it's going to be an issue.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I've never taken the battery out of mine. I've got this industrial D30 cover on it that was a bitch to get on, so I won't be taking it off unless I ever need a new battery...
              +1 I've never had this issue either with any of the droids I've owned. Every one of them has been reliable. I've never even needed to do a reboot either.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Can apple users even find their battery?

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                  Can apple users even find their battery?
                  That's another reason I prefer droid. The Iphone is not user friendly at all in my opinion and the price tags are astronomical.
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                    I like the Android openness, but, there is one little flaw Android users forget to mention: You have to pull the battery or reboot the phone 10 times a day....even if you leave it stock.
                    Uh... I've owned several Android phones.... I guarantee that none of them need to be rebooted 10 times a day, or almost ever. My HTC One is absolutely amazing. My Galaxy Nexus was too. Had a Samsung Intercept that wasn't all that great, but it didn't have problems either.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      Uh... I've owned several Android phones.... I guarantee that none of them need to be rebooted 10 times a day, or almost ever. My HTC One is absolutely amazing. My Galaxy Nexus was too. Had a Samsung Intercept that wasn't all that great, but it didn't have problems either.
                      +1 I have a Galaxy S4 and it's amazing.

Comment

I have both. A droid is my personal phone, and an iPhone is my work device.

The iPhone OS and apps are seamless, designed for the tech-unsavvy to be nearly idiot proof. That's not a knock, it's a product positive. It's also unflexible by design. No swyping? And more memory costs how much? And i can't replace the battery? Apple are control freaks, primarily to protect their product and make more money.

The droid os isn't quite as solid, but damn close. And they're a LOT more flexible. More apps, etc. Arguably more user friendly now, too. About the only drawback I've found is managing music. ITunes is easy peesy. Several apps come real close though.

The iPhone was the smartphone industry standard 3 or 5 years so. Almost exclusively. And a lot of people pray at the Church of Apple because of that. But the good droids (not all) are the current standard and likely future.

Comment

Iphone was not the standard. It just has the hype due to church goers that people thought it was the standard.
                          Apple believes in product control. You have less problems when you keep a tight leash on what people do. I believe in controlling the product i buy. I make my experience.
                          Could you imagine buying a Jackson and being told you can only play country music prior to 1983. Don't get me wrong, i bought a guitar designed for metal. But I can do whatever the hell i want with it.

Droid and android are not the same thing. Droids are android. Android is not droid. Galaxy is android. Galaxy is not droid.
                          Jackson soloist. Not soloist Kelly.
                          Android is the top of the tree. They are all android. But then you have the next line of the tree. The children. Things like the Motorola droid and Samsung galaxy. Then the next level of the tree. Galaxy has the note and touch and infuse and others.

Google, while being the leader, and will continue to be the leader for awhile, is going to fall. They are doing what they started out as being against. Every few months, i am being forced to accept new software and new 'one sign in covers all your apps'.
                          I may still be free to choose other providers of services, but i shouldn't be forced to accept the ones i don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                            +1 I have a Galaxy S4 and it's amazing.
                            Yep... I have an S4 and really dig it.
                            Left the iPhone when the iPhone 4 came out. Too locked down and no SD card.
                            Been with the Galaxy line since the S2. Never had any issues with any of them.

I also have a couple of Windows phones (Samsung Focus and a Nokia Lumia) Cool concept, but still lacking.
                            -Rick

Comment

my phone can beat up your phone
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                amplitude is definitely on my short list, along with an irig interface, but the phone's only 16gb, so unless I can use it to record straight to my laptop, it's going to be an issue.
                                Mine's a 16GB. I don't record with it, but you could run the sound out into a PC.

I've seen the original iRig on eBay for about $20 new. The HD set up is still running around $100. My phone is my preamp for lunch practice. Either into my little 1w Fender amp (with a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter) or direct into my car audio's aux input.

I'm no Apple fan, it's a utility and pretty bullet proof.
                                Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Working...
                                X