Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting content onto an iPhone without iTunes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting content onto an iPhone without iTunes?

So I got a free "upgrade" to an iPhone 4. How do I get my music and pics from my PC without going through iTunes?

I've plugged it into the USB port, but didn't see any sort of interface popup. Granted I haven't really tried to do it with vigor, but thought I'd ask since I'm at work.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Can't be done (unless maybe you jailbreak it).
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Heil Apple :/
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

As stated, without jailbreaking, probably not. I also learned that I could only use one computer to add from iTunes. I THINK that iCloud lets you manage content from multiples.

Couple cool guitar things, iRig and Amplitube. \m/ \m/
        Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

This is just another reason I use droid/pc over mac/Iphone/apple. I can't stand the operating systems. The "I" in Iphone stands for "Idiotic." The only thing apple I own is an Ipod.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
            This is just another reason I use droid/pc over mac/Iphone/apple. I can't stand the operating systems. The "I" in Iphone stands for "Idiotic." The only thing apple I own is an Ipod.
            So how do you get your content on your iPod? :think:
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

If you don't care about updates, and since you won't be using iTunes you won't be getting updates, go ahead and jailbreak it. There are plenty of tutorials online. Pretty simple really. Then that should should open your options up. Just don't update it after you jailbreak it. It will turn into a "brick".
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

If you're old enough to remember...
                Iphone is the AOL of phones.
                Like smart phones for dummies.

Its more like a parental control, but apple is the parent and you can't ever talk to them to get them to let you slide on the rules.

Android is more about freedom. Freedom to make it awesome. Freedom to screwing it up. its yours, do as you please.
                But the hardware makers and service providers still can limit its use.
                Plus, Google is getting to big for its breeches. They are starting to force feed things to us too.

Comment

The short answer NewC is you can't. There is a long way around with some software that you might be able to on an old version of iOS, but, why? Just dump it in through iTunes and be done with it.

I like the Android openness, but, there is one little flaw Android users forget to mention: You have to pull the battery or reboot the phone 10 times a day....even if you leave it stock. The reason is because you have so many hardware manufacturers that add there own little bit of something to the app, that it causes problems in the real world although it tested fine under optimal conditions. The other issue again, referring back to all the manufacturers is sub-par hardware. They are changing models and designs so fast trying to find the next " iPhone ", quality is out the window.

iPhone, sure, its a PITA sometimes with Apple's restrictions, but, it works....all the time.....every time.-Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                    So how do you get your content on your iPod? :think:
                    I have an I-tunes account and I just use a pc.
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      I have an I-tunes account and I just use a pc.
                      Same here. I rip my own. MP3s or I buy them from Amazon or iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                        iPhone, sure, its a PITA sometimes with Apple's restrictions, but, it works....all the time.....every time.-Lou
                        and that's why I like my iPhone. I don't have to mess with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                          and that's why I like my iPhone. I don't have to mess with it.
                          My droid works every time too and I don't have to deal with the retardation of the "Steve Blowjobs" operating system.

Comment

Only problem I have with iTunes is it tries to associate my songs with the ASCAP/bmi database. I'm concerned they'll tack it onto my phone bill.

Comment

I chose Android over iPhone years ago primarily because of the draconian restrictions in iTunes.

Comment

Working...
                              X