Pistol Permit wait in Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
    I thought I would add this here, somewhat unrelated - BUT, somewhat related because of Connecticut gun laws/weird police behavior. A law abiding citizen is arrested for 17 Felonies(trumped up baloney) after calling police for help after a robbery.... Granted, even in my opinion this 'collection' is large - there is no law against it.

JG are folks out by you talking about this at all?

http://gunsnfreedom.com/ct-cops-seiz...h-17-felonies/
    No , they don't talk about stuff like that in CT because in CT its illegal... immoral and downright criminal to exercise your 2nd amendment rights or to defend yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post

I want you to look at that pic. That is .45 ACP. Let me explain this to you: There are 32 rounds in that that target at a dead nuts 15 yards. The first 16 rounds are shot at about 1.5 second intervals. All 16 rounds went dead nuts into the bullseye. The remaining rounds are me shooting the gun as fast as I can while grabbing a quick " Sight Picture " between shots.

Lets put this into a perspective: This is a TRUE 15 yards....not a walked off Joe-Bob Redneck 15 yards. That is 45 feet. Most people's homes aren't that big at its widest dimensions. That is a 4" radius/ 8" diameter circle. All of those shots are within a 6" diameter....with a .45 shooting as fast as I can possibly shoot. Many people will say they can do that.....very, VERY few actually can.....and I am still telling you my opinion lays with a 9mm....more bullets on target......all the time. I do not want to sound like I am bragging, but, I consistantly win 1st place at any pistol tourney I go to, keep in mind, these are local to regional tourneys. However, many of these guys show up with $3-4K race guns....and I beat them with a $700 pistol that I....meaning MYSELF......did some trigger work on and some other small details. I have NEVER got less than 2nd place in the past year with the exception of one 3rd place finish. This is tourneys shooting six steel 6" diameter target ( 3" radius ) drop plates at 10, 15, 20 and 25 yards as well as lateral moving " human " targets between 15 & 20 yards. Keep in mind also, when I go to the range, it is normal for me to drop 300-600 rounds practicing my shooting. -Lou
      Remind me not to rob your house.

Comment

John -
        Keep your head down & your nose clean. If you have to shoot - shoot straight, and as fast as possible.
        They are making it harder and harder to have a gun in this communist state, and will use ANY excuse to take your guns away.

Comment

I think the ammo shortage might be easing up a bit. I went to the local Walmart this morning. They had Federal 100 rd boxes of 9mm in the ammo case for $25 each. I asked for 3 and the guy told me they are getting a lot of ammo lately. I jokingly told him I'd give him my number so he can call me when he gets in 22LR. He said we got some of that now. I asked where and he went and opened the door behind the counter, there were 3 Federal 550 rd boxes in there at $23 each. I quickly got my fiancé who was grocery shopping and we got 300 rds of 9mm and 1650 rds of 22 LR.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Nice score Jack!!!

Comment

Around here .32 and .380 ammo is the same price as 9mm (sometimes even more). I need to buy something that I can shoot at the range that isn't costing me $.30 a shot + range time. That's why I am looking at a 22 pistol. It doesn't have to be concealable. Just dependable and fun to shoot. Something like a Ruger Mark series or one of those Browning Buckstops.

Comment

Used Ruger Mk's at CT Sporting Arms...

Comment

I have a old Ruger Mark 1 and my best friend has a Ruger 22/45 that he really likes. Nothing like shooting the 22's to give the shoulder a rest from all the highpower stuff we shoot. The Ruger's are a very good pistol, and I hear good things about the Brownings too.

Comment

.22 rounds are like chicken lips here in New Mexico. They just don't exist.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                    X