to the people of boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly saddening...
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
      Truly saddening...
      I'm far from sad. I'm fucking pissed.

Our foreign policy is a joke and it all lets shit like this happen. Make an example of someone and the shit stops.

This tolerance and diplomacy shit has to stop. Make our adversaries truly afraid of our capabilities and they won't work up the courage to fuck with us.

Comment

I say saddening because there is no clear enemy, without that it is just a senseless act with only victims. Any further comments I may have would be for the political section. So, for now and right here - I'll say a quite prayer for the victims, their families and the American people...
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Boston.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can legitimize and kill innocents in the name of "promoting" their cause... I hope we rip the heads off the people responsible and take a massive shit down their throat. This nation needs to let the rest of the world know we're not going to take any shit of anyone. Get back to Teddy Roosevelt politics, I've got a big stick and I will whoop your ass with it while speaking to you in a dignified tone. No one is afraid of our nation anymore because we're politically correct pussies without the stomach for a good true retaliatory strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
            No one is afraid of our nation anymore
            Tell that to the kids of Iraq and Afghanistan...
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
              Tell that to the kids of Iraq and Afghanistan...
              I have.

And he's right.

SGT Michael Cable was KIA on 27 March 2013. He was playing with some Afghan children when a teenage male snuck up from behind and stabbed him in the neck. They aren't afraid of us because they know our policies are so strict we can't really do shit anymore.

Comment

Different topic but DRM, why is the Pentagon so filled with politically correct libtards?
                Why do they think the armed forces is the playground for their social experiments?
                Is it because that contingent is brought up through academia rather than actual field experience?

Where do they come from...Columbia College or something?

Comment

I also ask that because I personally know Citadel and WP grads.
                  They know the classic military traditions and understand what it's all about.
                  I assumed the officers rose through those ranks.

But it seems the residents of the Pentagon are more familiar with places like Emory, Johns Hopkins, Columbia, Yale, Princeton and Harvard.
                  All liberal bastions.

Comment

It's nuts here right now. Thy keep having reports of different lockdowns and such.
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

K, I forgot how close you are to Bean Town?
                      Take care and hopefully we will have answers soon.

Stay away from the media as advised earlier!

Comment

I live 40 min north but I work in Mass. I frequent those areas on occasion.
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          Is it because that contingent is brought up through academia rather than actual field experience?

Where do they come from...Columbia College or something?
                          It's a mix of that and political pressure. Once you reach a certain point in your career, it becomes VERY political. The true combat leaders typically disappear to various SOF units or retire at 20 and never make it to the Big Leagues as Division/Corps Commanding Generals.

Majority of them are Academy graduates, West Point being the most prominent.

Comment

And I'm moving on once my time's up. I'll keep Paratroopin' til that day comes, but I have no place in the New Army.

Comment

I was going to say something here about the victims of the explosions in Boston. Thoughts are with them.

But I see this discussion has turned into another "blow the fuck out of our enemies" thread, although it's like swinging punches in the dark at the moment since it's not yet known who is responsible. If it's another Timothy McVeigh, will changes to foreign policy fix it?

Tommy, don't give up hope on humanity. Seconds after the blast, note all the selfless people who ran INTO the smoke looking to help out the fallen. As disgusting as the attack is, my heart lifts when I see people putting themselves in harms way to help a stranger.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

And to stay on topic:

I have friends working on scene. I'm saddened and enraged at the same time. Any attack on my homeland, be it from a foreign or domestic enemy, rallies me up.

I hope we can get the absolute best treatment possible to the injured and bestow proper respect to the fallen. As for the attacker(s), I hope due process is swift.

Comment

Working...
                                X