This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
    Let's not blame a tool for the act of a lunatic. We don't blame cars for drunk driving, etc. We don't blame Big Macs for obesity.
    Ah, the power of false analogies... nonsense passed off as logic.

Comment

No, you misunderstand. If more people protected themselves by carrying guns, the lunatics would have less opportunity for these types of attacks.

Why do you think we see school shootings? It's illegal for you and I to carry our legal guns there. There is no way to limit the rights of LEGAL gun owners and reduce these types of attacks.

You can go back through almost all of the recent mass shootings and you will see that those places were not protected by legal gun owners.

Comment

Nonsense? Really? Please let us know how removing guns from legal citizens will make society safer?

Let me guess, Mr. Obama should have the authority to choose who can have guns?

Comment

Nonsense? Really? Please let us know how removing guns from legal citizens will make society safer?

Let me guess, Mr. Obama should have the authority to choose who can have guns?
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

Comment

Gun laws are not the issue. They are more than sufficient for a sane person.
            There is no test that can be applied to detect if a person is going to snap in the future.
            But we can prevent a lot of this crap by paying attention to the people around us.
            -Rick

Comment

Oh, and try this one too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_analogy

Comment

No, you misunderstand. If more people protected themselves by carrying guns, the lunatics would have less opportunity for these types of attacks.

Why do you think we see school shootings? It's illegal for you and I to carry our legal guns there. There is no way to limit the rights of LEGAL gun owners and reduce these types of attacks.

You can go back through almost all of the recent mass shootings and you will see that those places were not protected by legal gun owners.
                Right - So the answer is - more guns. I somewhat get the logic, I just feel like we can do better then that. Anyways, I'm done talking about this for now. We can all agree this is bloody horrible.....
                -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Where is the section on those killed by guns?
                  -Rick

Comment

Guys - can we avoid the typical fking gun arguements for now? This is a tragedy - let's just support those who are grieving.
                    Luckily, so far - none of my co-workers have kids taht were involved

Comment

ok, so you schooled me on a definition. Good one, now the world is a safe place.

But I guarantee this, If you and I are eating dinner one night, and someone walks into the restaurant with an Ar-15, you will thank me after I defend your pussy ass.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        Where is the section on those killed by guns?
                        Well, have a look here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...hip-world-list

Comment

I agree, hug your kids and loved ones. Unfortunately this can happen anywhere, with any type of weapon. There is no defense against insanity.

Comment

ok, so you schooled me on a definition. Good one, now the world is a safe place. But I guarantee this, If you and I are eating dinner one night, and someone walks into the restaurant with an Ar-15, you will thank me after I defend your pussy ass.
                            Classy to end!

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                              2.97 deaths per 100,000 were done with a firearm. Pretty damn low to me.

US has highest ownership rate 88 guns per 100 people, yet we're 28th in the ranking for deaths by a gun.
                              Honduras, with a ownership rate of 6.2 guns per 100 people (same ownership rate as the UK btw) is number one in murders with a gun.
                              Denmark has an ownership rate of 12 guns per 100 people.

31% of Denmark's homicides are with a firearm, 60% in the US and 83% in Honduras.

Point here is this has nothing to do with the amount or their availability.
                              It has to do with people and their willingness to use them against other people.
                              -Rick

Comment

Exactly. Well said RJ. You are obviously more classy than I

Comment

Working...
                                X