This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 killed at an elementary school

24 yr old gunman went into a kindergarten class and shot all the kids. Most were killed. He is also dead. probably self-inflicted. Give your kids an extra bear hug tonight.

http://abcnews.go.com/live
    Sam

Just unreal man. Unreal. So sad. So close to Christmas. Another "responsible" gun owner. Turned psycho. Kids will indeed get an extra hug tonight.....
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

20 minutes from my house. I have friends with kids that go or went to that school. Anyway.. do you know what my yahoo friends who all have carrier permits and all have multiple guns said about this? They said guns don't kill people. People kill people.
      I think the more appropriate statement is... guns don't kill people. People witih guns kill people.
      When my friends went for all their classes and for the hearings with the state police to get their concealed weapons permits they always had stories of how many crazy sick bastards were there getting carrier permits.
      I don't know what the answer is but you have to wonder when you hear that England has 6.2 people out of 100 that own guns and the USA has the highest percentage in the world with 88 out of 100 and then you hear that in 2009 there were 39 people killed in England with guns and in the USA it was 31,347 people. How do you argue with those statistic?

Comment

School is one place our kids should be safe. What a fucked up world we live in.

My thoughts & prayers to the families.

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
          Just unreal man. Unreal. So sad. So close to Christmas. Another "responsible" gun owner. Turned psycho. Kids will indeed get an extra hug tonight.....
          You nailed it on the head bro. The problem with gun laws is that you only need to be responsible up until you get your gun. Then.. all bets are off. I know plenty of people who were pretty normal in their 20's and turned into sick bastards in their 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            20 minutes from my house. I have friends with kids that go or went to that school. Anyway.. do you know what my yahoo friends who all have carrier permits and all have multiple guns said about this? They said guns don't kill people. People kill people.
            I think the more appropriate statement is... guns don't kill people. People witih guns kill people.
            When my friends went for all their classes and for the hearings with the state police to get their concealed weapons permits they always had stories of how many crazy sick bastards were there getting carrier permits.
            I don't know what the answer is but you have to wonder when you hear that England has 6.2 people out of 100 that own guns and the USA has the highest percentage in the world with 88 out of 100 and then you hear that in 2009 there were 39 people killed in England with guns and in the USA it was 31,347 people. How do you argue with those statistic?
            +1
            I know this is a hot topic and I for sure don't want to shit on gun owners, but for the love of fukin god can we all agree that SOMETHING needs to change when it comes to gun control? I don't know what, I don't have the answers (either) or stats, etc...but something's got to fukin give man....

Comment

NO matter how safe they make it, people in this country somehow believe they are always in danger and feel the need to carry guns! Its the bloody media to blame. We never turn on the evening news anymore. All they show is 'one person was killed in Oakland', 'one girl was kidnapped'. blah blah.
              Sam

Comment

Typical liberal response.

Anyways, sad about the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                  Typical liberal response.

Anyways, sad about the kids.
                  Nope. Not I. Card carrying conservative.....

Comment

oops, did not realize it was a liberal response. I am neither liberal nor republican. in fact, I am not even a citizen. just said what I felt.
                    Sam

Comment

Let's not blame a tool for the act of a lunatic. We don't blame cars for drunk driving, etc. We don't blame Big Macs for obesity.

I don't know the specifics of CT's gun laws, but I know you usually need to be 21 to legally own a handgun. So right there shows that he wasn't a legal gun owner.

And I can attest, as being a legal conceal carry citizen, that if the employees of that location were allowed to protect themselves with guns, there would not have been 27 people dead.

These shitlheads that shoot up buildings always go to the places that are restricted. They aren't dumb enough to walk into a location with guns inside and start shooting there. I will agree that gun laws need to be strict, but lets not start a "ban guns" debate.

Comment

I can't imagine what those parents will go through in the next days, looking at the gifts of their kids under the tree. Just another day that I'm glad I didn't bring kids into this F'd up world.

Comment

True. one horrific thing the reporter said was that he saw some couples come into the school and rush back to their cars without a kid with them. One can only imagine... That was truly heart-breaking.
                          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                            Let's not blame a tool for the act of a lunatic. We don't blame cars for drunk driving, etc. We don't blame Big Macs for obesity.

I don't know the specifics of CT's gun laws, but I know you usually need to be 21 to legally own a handgun. So right there shows that he wasn't a legal gun owner.

And I can attest, as being a legal conceal carry citizen, that if the employees of that location were allowed to protect themselves with guns, there would not have been 27 people dead.

These shitlheads that shoot up buildings always go to the places that are restricted. They aren't dumb enough to walk into a location with guns inside and start shooting there. I will agree that gun laws need to be strict, but lets not start a "ban guns" debate.
                            I don't disagree with anything your saying. My only question/comment is: Is carrying a gun to protect yourself from other people carrying guns really the best/only answer? If so, someone's going to be very rich and people are going to keep dying.
                            Last edited by dvscool; 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Heartbreaking. God bless the family's of those who lost their life. I can't help to think of the pain parents are feeling and what they will feel at Christmas day with unwrapped gifts for their children. As a father, that was the best time of year when my kids were in elementary school. This is so sad and sickening...
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X