Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we take a moment to discuss baldness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I made the decision long ago that if I start thinning, then Ill go the Kerry King route and immediately be bald the rest of my life. My philosophy is lots of hair or none at all.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
        Fuck it Gin, instead of sporting the new generation overcomb (y'know the old electric shear) keep it growing
        yea man, all those kids in the current -core bands are brushing their hair from one side of their heads clear over the other. Their side parts are right above their ears. It's not a combover anymore - it's cutting edge mall fashion. Pinch your little sister's skinny black jeans and a bullet belt to complete the look.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

My gnards are bald. -Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I've never had a balding problem. I had waist-length hair until 11 years ago. Only cut it short because the malted strands killed my dyson vacuum. Now I get my hair buzzed off every month. Even a number 1 is too long for my liking now.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

have you tried un-malted strands?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

WTF are those? A breakfast cereal? We all malt strands of hair. There's no such thing as unmalted strands except those still stuck to your bonce
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
                  But I'm asking for experience here, is this the normal thing that seems to happen late 30's early 40's?

I never realised that even if you have a good hairline and plenty of hair you can still SUDDENLY go bald in your late 30's early 40's, just like a teenager does after pubity?
                  Yup. That's typical. Some people start losing it late 20's/early 30's. My hair didn't start thinning on the top front, in the same area you mentioned mostly, until somewhat recently. I have a lot of grey there too, so it looks a lot thinner than it really is... so I've started dying my roots every several weeks. I alternate between black and dark brown with that "touch of grey". Two "single use" tubes will last me 4 or 5 months as I only touch up the roots on my hair... after I've dyed, you can still see I'm a bit thin top front, but it doesn't look like hair loss like if I go a month or two without dying.

I'm 44. A few of my high-school era buddies have thinning hair too. I'm kinda lucky though, out of thee of my other closest friends who have suffered receding hair lines, I've lost the least... one of them has lost a lot on the front, all the way to the top with just a long tuft in front that he combs back... he's Italian. Another has a yamaca spot on the top back and thinning around the front, he's Dutch/nordic descent. And one of my other long hair buddies has a bald spot top front, and he's Mexican. I'm developing a similar top front thinning area, but my hair has always been super thin, so I haven't lost as much as it looks like I have if I let my grey go. A few younger friends have developed male pattern baldness. One of them got chrome domed by the time he was 27 and he shaves his head bald.

My hair is really long, so I'm hoping I don't loose much more as I plan on growing old with long hair. *kow*
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    WTF are those? A breakfast cereal? We all malt strands of hair. There's no such thing as unmalted strands except those still stuck to your bonce
                    oooooooooh!

You mean, molting (or moulting)

I thought in a thread about hair loss, you were talking about malting

Hail yesterday

Comment

How about going Matthias Jabs?

Comment

Hair can blow me!!!...
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          I'm hoping I don't loose much more
                          Ah come on man...
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mine was retreating at around 25. I started shaving my head by 30. It's a pain in the ass, but the side benefit is when I'm freshly shaved up I actually look younger than I am.
                            Last edited by Hellbat; 11-26-2012, 12:27 PM.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I shaved my head a few years ago, nothing wrong with it , in fact I got more pussy. I let it grow back out, but keep it short in fact it got thicker just have the widows peak . Nothing looks worse that a combover or trying to do the dairy queen swirl. I noticed some of my long hair friends look like old lesbians at my age (46)

Comment

I started thinning at 19 and noticeably balding at 20/21. Shaved it off at 23 and haven't looked back.
                                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                                X