Can snob opinions wanted Mercede vs. BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    Neither unless you are either a mechanic or you have lots of money to spend. They are both extremely expensive cars to maintain.
    I have to call BS on that. They *used* to be more expensive cars to maintain. Now that all cars are computer controlled fuel injected modern technologies, repairs to a Toyota can easily be as much as they are for my Jag.

Also, many cars have specific forums... almost any issue that would be expensive probably has a 'do it yourself' tutorial and where to source parts for the best prices.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Back in SC late yesterday. Finally got a reply about a 1997 XJR, also trying to haggle over an S320. Some people are flakes and never reply to email or pickup the phone.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Well after looking a lot and considering what was written here I ended up with a 1999 XJR in silver.

Pics from the seller

Last edited by buzzsaww; 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM. Reason: pics of course!

Comment

Gorgeous! I love the wood panel interiors... and those leather buckets look comfy as hell.

One of the best forums on the net:

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/

It reminds me of this place, sorta. Except without the trolling. I don't post much there anymore because topics have become a bit repetitive over the long run. Everyone is nice and helpful and the Jag community is pretty friendly and very helpful.

Comment

It's shmoovy shmoove, really like it so far. A few minor things wrong with it but it was taken care of. I'm not sure but it seems like the timing tensioners have been replaced, supercharger works fine. Doesn't like the ethanol gas around here though
            I'd still like to find a reputable extended warranty company to cover repairs that might pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
              It's shmoovy shmoove, really like it so far. A few minor things wrong with it but it was taken care of. I'm not sure but it seems like the timing tensioners have been replaced, supercharger works fine. Doesn't like the ethanol gas around here though
              I'd still like to find a reputable extended warranty company to cover repairs that might pop up.
              Sounds good! Your interior is basically the same as mine except I don't have wood panels on my doors or in my worthless back seat area. I love my car, out of everything I've owned, it's the car that I like the most.

Go to the XJR subforum on that site I linked, look at all the sticky posts...

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-x308-xj8-xjr-27/

This thread is what you need to be specifically concerned about:
              http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj...-issues-43702/

Make sure to read all the stickies... there's more information than you will ever need about your car.

Oh, make sure to download and install the JTIS (Jaguar Technical Information System). It's a program that is basically all the service manuals and TSB's.

Comment

Yeeeeeeah, my Jag still lifts my skirt after 7 years (even though some arsehole swiped the XJR grille before I got it, and I've left the stock one in. More of a surprise when you see it in your mirror...then WHOOOOOSH, goodnight bumhole! They aren't called the "Hooligan Saloon" for nothing)

After my next holiday, it's time to go for a soft-top XKR, I think, I've wanted one from the day I went round the plant at Coventry for the launch back in 96.

Oh, don't buy an Aston, they are SHIT. Seriously, everyone I know who has had one has been disappointed, they ALL have problems, little niggly shit that shouldn't happen on a car that costs £120k. You don't know the meaning of "EMBARRASSMENT" till you've had to short out the clutch pedal sensor so you can bump start a V12 DB7 GT at the traffic lights in the middle of town, with everyone around you laughing their tits off. Mind you, when it was running, the sound made you want to shoot your wad in your pants.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

nice plate mate
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well, I was going to go for the sunstrip on the windscreen with our names on it, but a certain someone stamped his pretty little ballet pump and that was the end of that.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I wanna bang Tawny Kitten's little sister on your Jag..'Smacker.

She's in Nevermore's 'Enemies of Reality- video. She's feeding Warrel, the singer worms. I'd like to feed her a worm.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice Ride Buzz..can I bang T-Kiitens on your hood? She's got a few thousand miles on her. OJ broke her in..but I'll break her in even more with my pop can size choder.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hell no, the hood is mine, use the trunk!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
                            Hell no, the hood is mine, use the trunk!
                            My fat ass can't fit in there. I'll put her in there, and when I'm done.. keep her in there for a spare.

Comment

Ahhh forget it..I'll remake a Whitesnake vid on my '93 Ford Tempo covered in duct tape.

Comment

Look how majestic my '93 Ford Tempo looks upon a sun kissed horizon.

Comment

Working...
                                X