Wow... I'm gassing pretty hard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
    Have you ever told yourself, "this will be the last one for a while" and then broke your promise to yourself? If so, you may have a problem (I know I do ).

Admitting it is the first step
    No, I've never done that. I'll keep buying until I'm satiated. I never know when the GAS will end. It either does or doesn't.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      I need a pistol. I'm in love with the Walther P99 and regret selling mine. I'll probably get a new one sometime soon.
      I was thinking of a PPK.

For a complete gun newbie, what's the difference between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        I was thinking of a PPK.

For a complete gun newbie, what's the difference between the two?
        Well, the PPK is the shorter barrel and smaller magazine capacity version of the Walther PP which was designed some time in the 30's if my memory serves correctly. It was issued to German officers during WWII. It was manufactured in .32 ACP and later .380. This gun is small and highly concealable and is all steel.

The P99 is a new... 4th generation? semi-auto high capacity pistol with a polymer frame. It has interchangable backstraps so you can alter the size of the grip to fit your hand better. It's a modern handgun. It is chambered for the 9mm, but they also come in 40 S&W. It's not exactly a full sized pistol, but it's not a compact either... it's considered a full sized pistol, but is smaller than a Glock 17 or Sig P226.

Comment

Ok, I'll need to check out the P99.

Comment

Ok, I'll need to check out the P99.
            I think it's one of the greatest handguns ever. Before that came out I was strictly a Sig guy. Nothing else like a good old plain jane P220 in the hand.

The P99 is great if you have smaller hands. I often suggested it for women wanting a full size semi-auto for that reason and every one that I sold one to that I saw later thanked me for it. Not saying it's a girly gun, it was my favorite, but if there's a woman around and you want them to enjoy shooting handguns, the P99 is one of the best and most comfortable pistols you can find. It's even been adopted by several different military and police outfits in Europe and is even manufactured under license by Radom for the Polish Army.

Comment

Ok, gun update LOL! we are really OT in this thread. The causal passerby will go "huh?" LOL!

I took my guns to a friends house who has 5 acres and shots on his land.

His guns:
              I fired the .50 Desert Eagle (WAY too much gun for me).
              .45 Kimber 1911 (very nice)
              Walther P22 with laser (nice)

My guns:
              AK-47 - First time shooting works awesome right out of the box. Went through 40 rounds.
              9mm Luger - he fired one clip with only 1 stovepipe but then had lots of issues with the second clip. The spring is real strong - maybe it needs to go through a lot of rounds to be broken in (it's like new).
              .22 Marlin 60 was fun for my son.
              1904 Mauser that fires 6.5mm x 55 - worked great. I was worried because this has lots of milage on it.

Is the Walther P22 similar to the P99 only differing in ammo size? Seemed like a nice gun.

The Kimber 1911 seemed like a very nice gun. My 13 year old son (only been shooting once before) is now hounding me to get that gun. I still have a soft spot for the Sig Tacops.

I think I want to get two handguns - one .22 for plinking and shooting lots of rounds without caring about ammo prices, and a full size defense pistol.

Comment

Desert Eagle is pretty much a novelty gun, like a semi-auto Thompson.

Those older Mauser actions are build like a tank. As long as the barrel isn't blocked by a squib or excessive corrosion, it should fire just fine.

Yes, the Walther P22 is similar to the P99, it's much smaller though.

Dunno which model Kimber you're talking about, but they're decent. They're far more mass produced than they used to be, but still a fine gun. I think I like their CDP's the best.

Comment

Kimber - I don't remember the model either (didn't realize they'd have a bunch of 1911 variants until I went to Target World expecting to see just one - ?), but I remember him telling me it had a rail on the underside and the ability to "push" the top back as well as pull (grips on the nose).

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                    Have you ever told yourself, "this will be the last one for a while" and then broke your promise to yourself? If so, you may have a problem (I know I do ).

Admitting it is the first step
                    I have to change my answer. Yes, I told myself I wouldn't buy any more and I'm 2 past that limit right now.

Kimber - I don't remember the model either (didn't realize they'd have a bunch of 1911 variants until I went to Target World expecting to see just one - ?), but I remember him telling me it had a rail on the underside and the ability to "push" the top back as well as pull (grips on the nose).
                    That describes about a third of their product line. If you're counting forward serrations on the slide, that's most of their product line.

Comment

Ok, gun update LOL! we are really OT in this thread. The causal passerby will go "huh?" LOL!

I took my guns to a friends house who has 5 acres and shots on his land.

His guns:
                      I fired the .50 Desert Eagle (WAY too much gun for me).
                      .45 Kimber 1911 (very nice)
                      Walther P22 with laser (nice)

My guns:
                      AK-47 - First time shooting works awesome right out of the box. Went through 40 rounds.
                      9mm Luger - he fired one clip with only 1 stovepipe but then had lots of issues with the second clip. The spring is real strong - maybe it needs to go through a lot of rounds to be broken in (it's like new).
                      .22 Marlin 60 was fun for my son.
                      1904 Mauser that fires 6.5mm x 55 - worked great. I was worried because this has lots of milage on it.

Is the Walther P22 similar to the P99 only differing in ammo size? Seemed like a nice gun.

The Kimber 1911 seemed like a very nice gun. My 13 year old son (only been shooting once before) is now hounding me to get that gun. I still have a soft spot for the Sig Tacops.

I think I want to get two handguns - one .22 for plinking and shooting lots of rounds without caring about ammo prices, and a full size defense pistol.
                      Did you really fire an AK-47? Are those automatic versions and how/where did you buy it?

Comment

Working...
                      X