Wow... I'm gassing pretty hard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... I'm gassing pretty hard...

and I'm also in a massive gear buying binge.

So far:
    ESP Strat sorta helped start it off
    Orange Dark Terror and 1x12 Cab
    EMGs installed in my Strat that I vowed to leave all original
    ESP Custom Korina Flying V
    Charvel DX1
    MXR 10 Band EQ with anti-hiss and capacitor mods.
    EMG 85x/81x for my ESP Flying V.

And I'm working on two customs:
    ESP Technical House order
    Jackson custom order

Wow, I haven't had GAS like this in like a decade. So that's why I've been tormenting everyone here so much lately.
    Last edited by xenophobe; 08-04-2012, 08:12 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

I've been buying WAY too much lately. I need to stop.

Comment

Yeah, I don't yet know when I'll be satisfied lol.

I even got a new brass nut for my Warwick bass... the older nuts just kept breaking. So I got it out and polished and cleaned it. It's happy.

Comment

It'll happen when you have so little space you need to dig past the stacks of three guitars deep to get to the ones in back the closet, and you have 10 guitars under the bed, a stack of 5 on the side of the bed, and then you use the kids rooms to store guitars

Comment

I've been good this year after going nuts last year, but come December when I get to do my annual leave cashout...I might fall off the wagon.

Comment

I feel your pain. I grabbed another 1/2 stack and an LTD with my Charvel money, now I have to start saving again, I'm still getting a Desolation single cut though...
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

on its way
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                on its way
                Not on it is way?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  It'll happen when you have so little space you need to dig past the stacks of three guitars deep to get to the ones in back the closet, and you have 10 guitars under the bed, a stack of 5 on the side of the bed, and then you use the kids rooms to store guitars
                  At one time I had nearly 20 CJs. I ended up selling most of them cause I didn't play half of them and regular maintenance was a bitch. Not much different when I had like 60 or 70 rifles. I would spend a whole weekend every month or three with maintenance.

I'll never have a massive gun or guitar collection again.

I am officially at 4 guitars and a bass. The KV2 should be sold sometime this weekend if I get off my lazy ass and post to CL. lol

Comment

Don't say that, I'm trying to grow my gun collection. I almost got a Sig 226 TACOPS, a 1911 22LR for the kids, and I'm thinking of getting another AK-47 (can't have enough zombie killers). I just didn't have the balls to pull the trigger on $1500 worth of guns (just the 2 hand guns).

Currently I have an AK-47, an old Luger that jams a lot (haven't tried it with the new clip and NATO rounds yet), an old Mauser, a couple of 22 rifles, and a dual barrel 12 gauge.

Comment

I just sold my AR 15. So I'm "gun-less".

Had to either sell my guitars or the gun, so that was easy decision.
                      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I'd go for the Sig P226 before getting another AK, but I'm currently pistol-less. I do have 2 really nice AKs and an AR. I had so much nice stuff... oh well, the joys of hard times...

Oh, edited my GAS list. It has gotten bigger since I wrote it. lol

Comment

Yeah, I think that's the right decision to go for the handgun. I tried the Luger last Saturday with the NATO 9mm ammo and with the new clip, and with the old clip, and it still stove pipes. So I'm basically handgunless.

Tried out the $100 Marlin 60 .22 with my son and he LOVES it. It's a semi-auto 22 and you can throw lead as fast as you can pull the trigger.

While at the range, I rented a Ruger 1911 that was nice, and a Smith and Wesson 9mm that didn't exciite me.

Tomorrow I'll be taking the AK-47 to a friends house to fire it for the first time.

Comment

Those Marlin 60's are pretty nice, but if you haven't bought it already I'd always suggest a 10/22. Just for the fact if you get bored of it, there's a million different things you can do with it and if you're in a free state, there are good high caps available. You can build it to be a lightweight squirrel gun or a heavy bench gun or anything between. It costs more, but in the long run you have so many more options to make it fun again. And everything you'd want to do doesn't require a gunsmith. Just a few simple tools, a screwdriver and an allen wrench, really. Just find a used old standard 10/22 for $50-$100.

I need a pistol. I'm in love with the Walther P99 and regret selling mine. I'll probably get a new one sometime soon.

Comment

Have you ever told yourself, "this will be the last one for a while" and then broke your promise to yourself? If so, you may have a problem (I know I do ).

Admitting it is the first step

Comment

Working...
                              X