X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendbots...perfect!!!^^^
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
      I don't know much about the genre, but I do like some of the songs I've heard from Periphery. They are a bit strange, they have a song l really like called "Jetpacks was Yes"; the title makes no sense whatsoever but I don't care. The songs rocks IMO.

Jesus that was horrible, couldn't even get through the whole thing. How is that even remotely similair to Meshuggah? It sounds like Hannah Montana mixed with Linkin Park with a random scale run in the middle. It sounds like they're trying to please everyone.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      "djent-djent...djent-djent...djent-DJENT!! "

Oh that is precious!! My kid makes fun of ALL these shit bands. He does The Djent riff and some inverted, dickhole cliche chord ..between the Djents!!!

So it's like ...Djent..Djent...Djent....squaaaaaaaawk....Djent. ...Djent...Djent....squaaaaaaaaaawk. ect.

If you like this shit..congrads, you're a fag! These are facts.

Next trend..
      A-fucking-men.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Shit sandwich.

Bring on the Crab-core!!!!
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I don't know much about the genre, but I do like some of the songs I've heard from Periphery. They are a bit strange, they have a song l really like called "Jetpacks was Yes"; the title makes no sense whatsoever but I don't care. The songs rocks IMO.

god there fucking shit
          "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

I'll answer the question directly. There really hasn't been an innovative fresh shredder in years. Especially in that genre.
            There are a ton of great technical players with serious chops but they all sound the same.
            I still listen to the greats for inspiration..
            Uli Jon Roth
            Gary Moore
            Malmsteen
            Vai
            Lynch
            Rhoads
            SRV
            Guthrie Govan
            Shawn Lane
            etc...... of course.....

Comment

Originally posted by cheese0tron View Post
              i have a question what do you guys think of the metalcore/deathcore genre, there are lots of shredders from bands like periphery, conducting from the grave, after the burial, darkest hour
              Some of the music is ok, some of it sucks.

What makes me laugh is the kids that paly/listen to it think it's the heaviest shit ever and they are breaking new ground.

If these kids aren't intimately aware of Naplam Death, Carcass, Bolt Thrower et al and the merger of that scene with the Gothenburg scene and Earache's ability to join those guys with the Florida scene, then you should probably go back to listening to the Backstreet Boys or whatever it was before someone gave you screamo cd for xmas.

For fucks sake, these people think Children of Bodom are original Melodic Death! Not one of them can even remember who Entombed are.

The only guitarist that really impresses me out of the new stuff is the dude from All That Remains, he can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                Shit sandwich.

Bring on the Crab-core!!!!

Crab-core you say?

Comment

This is like Back Street Boys playing with distortion pedals....

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    I'll answer the question directly. There really hasn't been an innovative fresh shredder in years. Especially in that genre.
                    There are a ton of great technical players with serious chops but they all sound the same.
                    I still listen to the greats for inspiration..
                    Uli Jon Roth
                    Gary Moore
                    Malmsteen
                    Vai
                    Lynch
                    Rhoads
                    SRV
                    Guthrie Govan
                    Shawn Lane
                    etc...... of course.....

..and the NOT so new metal shredders like Jeff Loomis. He's cultivated a style of his own, and inspires many players including Broderick. Uli LOVES him..that says alot. Besides..he turned down ALOT of offers including Megadeth so he can do HIS thing. Kudos for that. For Jeff, music is not just quick fame and a paycheck. Well I'm sure he'd like some of that, but he's following the path of players like Uli.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"djent-djent...djent-djent...djent-DJENT!! "

Oh that is precious!! My kid makes fun of ALL these shit bands. He does The Djent riff and some inverted, dickhole cliche chord ..between the Djents!!!

So it's like ...Djent..Djent...Djent....squaaaaaaaawk....Djent. ...Djent...Djent....squaaaaaaaaaawk. ect.

Next trend..
                      I gotta agree with you. And that Periphery song was fucking bullshit, seriously, how the fuck can anyone listen to that shit, its kiddies music.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

On the "new shredders" thing, I think Trivium and the like can shred, but their songs are fucking shit. I dont care if these guys can shred, until they can write songs, and sing properly (by properly I mean REAL singing, be it Bruce Dickinson or Glen Benton style singing) then they can go suck a dick.
                        I may be missing out, but I havent heard a newer band who write songs anywhere close to the stuff Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, Zep etc wrote years ago. Maybe I'm just getting old.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                          The only guitarist that really impresses me out of the new stuff is the dude from All That Remains, he can play.
                          Agreed. Love their stuff, and Oli writes and plays some amazing leads. I read they are working on new material.

Pretty sure the guitarist from their first album is a member here...

Comment

I hate to do this Billz...

Jeff Loomis plays on that cd.

These are facts!

Seriously, he has a guest solo on it. Thought you might find that interesting.

Comment

..and the NOT so new metal shredders like Jeff Loomis. He's cultivated a style of his own, and inspires many players including Broderick. Uli LOVES him..that says alot. Besides..he turned down ALOT of offers including Megadeth so he can do HIS thing. Kudos for that. For Jeff, music is not just quick fame and a paycheck. Well I'm sure he'd like some of that, but he's following the path of players like Uli.
                              When I listen to this guy, I get amazed again by something different, everytime.
                              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                                On the "new shredders" thing, I think Trivium and the like can shred, but their songs are fucking shit. I dont care if these guys can shred, until they can write songs, and sing properly (by properly I mean REAL singing, be it Bruce Dickinson or Glen Benton style singing) then they can go suck a dick.
                                I may be missing out, but I havent heard a newer band who write songs anywhere close to the stuff Maiden, Priest, Megadeth, Zep etc wrote years ago. Maybe I'm just getting old.
                                You're not getting old, it's just a fact that NOBODY will ever come close to Megadeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X