new metal shredders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new metal shredders

i have a question what do you guys think of the metalcore/deathcore genre, there are lots of shredders from bands like periphery, conducting from the grave, after the burial, darkest hour

I was under the impression that Periphery was "djent" metal :think:
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

what exactly is "djent"? i kinda just hear down-tuned, progressive metal from what i have heard....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cheese0tron View Post
        i have a question what do you guys think of the metalcore/deathcore genre, there are lots of shredders from bands like periphery, conducting from the grave, after the burial, darkest hour

Meh
        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I don't like genres. So pretty much any music that fits in a genre is just not very appealing to me.

Comment

I believe "djent" means - derived from Meshuggah....
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Djent is the onomatopoeia of heavily downtuned, palm-muted, distorted guitar.

Comment

Isn't "djent" supposed to be a description of how the guitars sound? Gay as fuck, eh?
                A young guy who used to be a Facebook "friend" of mine suggested I listen to Periphery as I might like them. I never knew they were djent, but Im glad I took the cunt off my friends list now.
                Djent. Ridiculous.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre View Post
                  Isn't "djent" supposed to be a description of how the guitars sound? Gay as fuck, eh?
                  A young guy who used to be a Facebook "friend" of mine suggested I listen to Periphery as I might like them. I never knew they were djent, but Im glad I took the cunt off my friends list now.
                  Djent. Ridiculous.
                  The term "djent" may seem ridiculous, but "djent" does have some of the best musicians in the metal world today. You have Periphery as you mentioned, obviously Meshuggah, and my favorite "djent" band Vildhjarta. Don't write them off just because you think the sub-genre is stupid.

Comment

I don't care about what "bin" the music is in. I either like it or I don't. Defining your band by a genre seems like a very limiting thing to me. Should Randy have not recorded "Dee" because Ozzy was a metal guy? Should Gary Moore not have done any of his all killer, no filler blues albums because he was an arena rock guy?
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I don't know much about the genre, but I do like some of the songs I've heard from Periphery. They are a bit strange, they have a song l really like called "Jetpacks was Yes"; the title makes no sense whatsoever but I don't care. The songs rocks IMO.

Comment

Heh, I wondered wtf that meant!

djent-djent...djent-djent...djent-DJENT!!

An old friend/roommate, who is one of the guitarists I respect most and who taught me a hell of a lot of what I know, is waaay into Periphery. He kept telling me I have to check them out. I'm just glad we have so many easy ways to try before you buy. There's talent there, but not my cup o' joe at all, especially the vox. Better than that screamo shit, but still too poppy for me. No accounting for tastes, though, and I don't rag on anyone who likes stuff I don't.

Comment

I can't take autotuned vocals. Sounds like a guitar through a whammy pedal, it sucks all the soul out of the voice. Plus, if you need it in the studio, how shitty are you going to sound live?
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

"djent-djent...djent-djent...djent-DJENT!! "

Oh that is precious!! My kid makes fun of ALL these shit bands. He does The Djent riff and some inverted, dickhole cliche chord ..between the Djents!!!

So it's like ...Djent..Djent...Djent....squaaaaaaaawk....Djent. ...Djent...Djent....squaaaaaaaaaawk. ect.

If you like this shit..congrads, you're a fag! These are facts.

Next trend..
                            Last edited by horns666; 02-22-2012, 06:01 PM.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X