Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the first time in 20 years I'm in a band.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont forget to bang some 80s metal cougars backstage
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Whoa..WTF??!!! You don't play nice guitars!! You keep them in a case ..and brag 'bout them on a guitar forum!!!

This is crazy...you're life's a mess...in complete shambles man! Have a Peep instead!

Ex: You're on stage with the bubbleguts. The band breaks into "Stand up and..", ..and you SHART big-time!!!! Yeah, ..not so cool now..Mr. Muddballz.
      Last edited by horns666; 02-14-2012, 12:00 AM.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Go get 'em!!

Comment

Congrats and good luck. I was out of the game for quite a while myself too. In fact, I had basically given up on finding a band.

Comment

Congrats man! I've been doing the same thing too basically.

BillZ- you are my hero dude.
            "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Stand up a Shhhhhhaaaarrrrrrrt...!

Let it out...
              Stand up and Shart...!
              -----------

That's the opener of an hour set @ your first show. That's your life..roll credits.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill -

I think the only solution is to play Cartman's brown note so the audience is all sharting with me

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  Bill -I think the only solution is to play Cartman's brown note so the audience is all sharting with me
                  Now that is an absolute, 1000% brilliant solution! You have proved yourself worthy..go forth and conquer. Thou will rule thy kingdoms of Miltons !!!

Comment

I get sick of all these kiddy bands on craigslist looking for people between 21 and 23.

I am still looking for vocalists and some of them are in that age range (I don't give a fuck how old they are as long as they are good). I had a bunch of replys saying we were to old to play Dethcore (or whatever they call that shit these days).

So I stopped saying how old we were and just told them to come out to audition. Unsuprizingly, we haven't found a single one of these kids that can keep up with us yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                      I get sick of all these kiddy bands on craigslist looking for people between 21 and 23.

I am still looking for vocalists and some of them are in that age range (I don't give a fuck how old they are as long as they are good). I had a bunch of replys saying we were to old to play Dethcore (or whatever they call that shit these days).

So I stopped saying how old we were and just told them to come out to audition. Unsuprizingly, we haven't found a single one of these kids that can keep up with us yet!!!
                      Not surprising really. Most younger people judge based on stereotypical appearances then close their minds thinking they know everything when honestly they don't know shit compared to an "older" (used for lack of a better term) person with the skills AND experience. If they had any sense they would look to more experienced musicians for guidance.
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

If you're playing 'scene' type music, accept the fact that you need to find people in your age group to jam with. Not only will you more likely have things in common, your goals and desires will probably be a bit more realistic as well.

Unless you want to be in a band that has ample amounts of jailbait and don't mind being the token pedo, then go for it.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post

Just tell them you are Old School Crab-core.

Kiddies are really funny to wind up. When you sit down with them, tell them you have guitars older than them, which you bought brand new. Suggest that their mothers may have been "fans" in the earlier days of your playing career.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                            Just tell them you are Old School Crab-core.
                            I just had another one. Little turd!

He put up an ad to be a melodocore vocalist. So I sent him a message with some of our tracks and info. He replied that he was all excited about coming over and he was going to learn all the material I sent him (both orignal and a couple of covers - Amaon Amarth and Carcass).

Then I get another message saying he's not sure his voice is suited to melodic death! Fuck these dumb kids, no commitment, no gumption, no talent.

What happened?

Comment

Working...
                            X