Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the first time in 20 years I'm in a band.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the first time in 20 years I'm in a band.

For twenty years since I left school I haven't been in a band that played out. I have always kept up with my playing, but never seemed to have the time to commit to a band, so I never looked for one. I always missed it though.

Things in my life have changed, and last year I decided that I had the time necessary to get back into it. I made a point to practice more regularly, and with the specific goal of making myself ready for a band situation. I also started trolling Craigslist to see if anything was available.

A couple weeks ago I auditioned for a band, and I got the job. Seems to be right up my alley, with a leaning toward hard rock & popular metal. So far the song list includes Dio, Lynch Mob, Ozzy, Scorpions, Kiss, etc. Really stoked to be playing with other guys again, and it sounds like everyone is looking to play out within a couple months.

So if all goes well, I might actually get to play some of these nice Jacksons in front of a crowd instead of alone in my basement!

Sounds like you'll have some killer songs to play from those artists.

Good luck with it.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      So if all goes well, I might actually get to play some of these nice Jacksons in front of a crowd instead of alone in my basement!
      Yeah, but you can't do it in your underpants.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        Yeah, but you can't do it in your underpants.
        Sure you can...

Click image for larger version

Name:	simpsons_red_hot_chili_peppers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2445948
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Congrats! It takes some balls to get 'back in the game'. Based on the bands, I'm assuming it's guys around your age?

Nothing like reading an ad that says, "no one over 30"

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
            Based on the bands, I'm assuming it's guys around your age?
            Yeah, I'm actually the young guy at 41 . Three at 43, one at 45.

You're right though, I sifted through a lot of ads that were very obviously NOT looking for someone in my age range. It took a while to find something, but I guess that just gave me more time to get my chops back. Never really had to audition before, so I had no idea if I was up to the task. So far so good!

Comment

Go Go Go!!!
              Same with me - 15 years out of the loop, made some changes in my life, found a good band. One year later, we are highly regarded and regularly booked. You are gonna be pissed you waited so long!

Keep us posted!
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Go for it Bro! Have a great time, enjoy playing out, and hopefully get to play some of your stuff and the people love it!

Comment

Congrats! Have fun!

Comment

Congrats bro! give 'em hell!!

Comment

Congrats and enjoy yourself!
                      My other signature says something funny

Comment

Congrats, man! I envy you! Rip it up!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!

Reading about all the gigs some of the guys here have done definitely got my ass in gear to make it happen. Hopefully I'll be posting some 'my Jacksons in action' shots in the future.

Comment

Congrats! Its a lot of fun and sounds like you guys should have a cool set list. My band does 80's hard rock covers and I love it! Looking forward to seeing your live Jackson action shots
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

very good!!! playing in a band has its ups and downs, but nothing beats getting up on that stage and rocking balls!!!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X