The butthurt is strong with this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
    If you want to watch this movie with good acting and no CGI.....look for The Tuskegee Airmen. Good fucking movie in my opinion. This is just a bastardized Lucas remake of it.-LouSiffer
    I would say that the story of the Tuskegee Airmen can't be told enough. It's damn near criminal how they are virtually overlooked in history. Although not completely altruistic, GL is bringing their story to the public in a big-bad way.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
      OK to sumamrize it for those who don't want to dig through, shit, George Lcuas is mad that Red Tails is being ripped by critics, his fans don't respect him because of his re-re-re-mastering of the original SW trilogy, and the game "Star Wars: The Old Republic" is shaping up to be a half-billion-dollar flop, he's whining and pouting mad about it, so he's retiring.
      I understand he redid the SW trilogy, but why didn't he fix that scene in the third (6th) installment when that super-stardestroyer crashes into the death star mk II? That looked liked 1950's special effects - crap.

Comment

I'll wait for Endrick to comment, and then I won't say anything else.
        Actually to make it easier, I just won't say anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          Actually to make it easier, I just won't say anything at all.
          You just did.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            I've been addicted to playing The Old Republic since release on December 20th. I don't see it being a flop, but only time will tell.
            Same here... and I've been laughing at all the WoW addicts for years

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
              As like a great many things Nimitz, you and I don't see eye to eye. I really liked Red State, so much so that I have it on Blu-Ray.
              I'm just waiting on the Region 4 release.....

As far as George and his legacy are concerned, I tend to lean towards a quote from one of his movies. "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Whether you agreed with his edits in the Star Wars saga or not, these are his stories. He shared them with us and we all have our memories of them as kids. And despite what anyone else is yapping about, he didn't harm anyone's memories or childhoods. When he changes something it is just a point where either the technology has caught up with his imagination or said imagination evolved into something else. As a huge Star Wars fan (I just watched Attack of the Clones today) I don't even think he's done by a longshot.
              He does seem like a painter who just doesn't know when to walk away from the canvas.

But as someone recently told me, you don't like the updated versions? Continue watching your old versions. We have re-release versions of Star Wars & Empire and I've only ever watched disc 2 of each - the one with the original theatrical release.

Now, that said, I am not swinging from George's nuts. Some of the things he's had his hands in just don't hit me right. (Howard the Duck? Radioland Murders? Captain EO?) But what he has produced that agrees with me hits me deeply. Yes, the first Star Wars trilogy and the first three Indiana Jones movies are part of my childhood. I am a self-professed Star Wars geek.
              I saw Howard the Duck at the movies! Lea Thompson in a singlet & briefs? Seemed pretty good when I was 12. Can't remember much else about the movie.

THX1138 was really good.

Though from my point of view, one of the problems with society today is that everyone thinks their opinion is paramount. That no matter what, you should be thinking what they're thinking and if you don't, there's something wrong with you.
              I have a voice and I deserve to be heard. I also deserve to be famous and have my own reality show. And then I'm thinking about getting into acting, modelling or singing, haven't decided which yet. Might do all three after my clothing line & scent come out.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                George Lucas?

His rep was forever fucked when that massive pile of ungodly stank hit the theaters... I won't even mention its name.

Look at what Spielberg is releasing nowadays... unfuckinreal!!!

Hollywood knows that they don't have to try hard anymore to make money, there are so many mouth breathers out there that will pay to see anything with flashy effects with what they think are good actors/actresses.

You want a good movie now look for independents and foreign.
                And be sure to BUY IT ON Blu Ray!

I find it laughable that a garbage movie with a terrible plot would be enjoyable if only the effects were not diminished by standard definition television equipment... Special effects don't make movies better. If you can't imagine your way around the bad effects in the older movie, you're probably not the type to believe in Space Knight Ninjas from a past time and galaxy that's really a lot like how every other SF author has already portrayed the future.

Comment

Warhorse?

Screw that I want to see War Dog!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	German Dog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	2445886
                  sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                    I like most of his movies also, but Red State sucked hard....
                    I liked Red State.

I think it would have been a better 1 hour TV movie, but I thought it was a good attempt to get out of his typical half-mindless babble. And I'm saying that as a fan too.

As for GL? He can go get screwed.

He even butchered THX1138 to be unwatchable. When I got that on bluray I was freaking dissapointed.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      I liked Red State.

I think it would have been a better 1 hour TV movie, but I thought it was a good attempt to get out of his typical half-mindless babble. And I'm saying that as a fan too.

As for GL? He can go get screwed.

He even butchered THX1138 to be unwatchable. When I got that on bluray I was freaking dissapointed.
                      he retooled THX1138 too? I had no idea. Haven't seen it years, but if I ever look to buy it, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Han shot first dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          he retooled THX1138 too? I had no idea. Haven't seen it years, but if I ever look to buy it, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
                          Yeah, and the theatrical cut is not included either.
                          Last edited by xenophobe; 01-21-2012, 12:49 AM.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            Er, it's only 3 minutes worth:

"Upon its first release on DVD Lucas created a Director's Cut. For this "Director's Cut", Lucas has had the film restored lavishly by Lowry Digital Images and many scenes were digitally revamped with the help of his special effects company Industrial Light & Magic. Some scenes were also changed a little and have different dialogue. In total there's a difference of approx. 3 minutes and a detailed comparison between both versions with pictures can be found at http://www.schnittberichte.com/report.php?ID=541751
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X