X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The butthurt is strong with this one

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/George-L...ring,news-1392
    8.html

I can't help but to laugh. He's nothing but a damn pouting child.

Down already.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

New link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/ma...ewanted=1&_r=1

Comment

OK to sumamrize it for those who don't want to dig through, shit, George Lcuas is mad that Red Tails is being ripped by critics, his fans don't respect him because of his re-re-re-mastering of the original SW trilogy, and the game "Star Wars: The Old Republic" is shaping up to be a half-billion-dollar flop, he's whining and pouting mad about it, so he's retiring.

Comment

Hes retiring like Brett Favre did years ago. He may even QB for the Jets next year. As far as the movie goes, there are 2 different trailers showing. One of then is somewhat historical and respectful of the story and the other is all hiphop crazy "ni??az wit planes, yo" I think it will bomb because of this struggle for an identity and all the crazy cgi too. It looks like a cgi-fest. Supposedly the reason none of the execs would look at the film was because there wasnt a single white main role in the film so they felt it would not do well because of this. Oh, well, such is life in Hollyweird.

Comment

CGI blows assholes hard... Fug that Shitz
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
              ...and the game "Star Wars: The Old Republic" is shaping up to be a half-billion-dollar flop
              What makes you say that? I haven't started playing yet, but the reviews are pretty good.

Comment

First Kevin Smith, now George Lucas. Some of my favorite movie makers are retring from the industry.

Then again, Hollywood has been broken for quite a while.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  As far as the movie goes, there are 2 different trailers showing. One of then is somewhat historical and respectful of the story and the other is all hiphop crazy "ni??az wit planes, yo"
                  I saw the hiphop trailer and actually thought it was supposed to be the new version of Top Gun without white people.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hiphop in the 40's????? Last time I checked, WWII was before the days of hiphop by about 40 years or so.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I've been addicted to playing The Old Republic since release on December 20th. I don't see it being a flop, but only time will tell.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                        First Kevin Smith
                        I like most of his movies also, but Red State sucked hard....

George Lucas?

His rep was forever fucked when that massive pile of ungodly stank hit the theaters... I won't even mention its name.

Look at what Spielberg is releasing nowadays... unfuckinreal!!!

Hollywood knows that they don't have to try hard anymore to make money, there are so many mouth breathers out there that will pay to see anything with flashy effects with what they think are good actors/actresses.

You want a good movie now look for independents and foreign.
                        sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

If you want to watch this movie with good acting and no CGI.....look for The Tuskegee Airmen. Good fucking movie in my opinion. This is just a bastardized Lucas remake of it.-LouSiffer
                          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                            I like most of his movies also, but Red State sucked hard....

George Lucas?

His rep was forever fucked when that massive pile of ungodly stank hit the theaters... I won't even mention its name.

Look at what Spielberg is releasing nowadays... unfuckinreal!!!

Hollywood knows that they don't have to try hard anymore to make money, there are so many mouth breathers out there that will pay to see anything with flashy effects with what they think are good actors/actresses.

You want a good movie now look for independents and foreign.
                            As like a great many things Nimitz, you and I don't see eye to eye. I really liked Red State, so much so that I have it on Blu-Ray.

As far as George and his legacy are concerned, I tend to lean towards a quote from one of his movies. "You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Whether you agreed with his edits in the Star Wars saga or not, these are his stories. He shared them with us and we all have our memories of them as kids. And despite what anyone else is yapping about, he didn't harm anyone's memories or childhoods. When he changes something it is just a point where either the technology has caught up with his imagination or said imagination evolved into something else. As a huge Star Wars fan (I just watched Attack of the Clones today) I don't even think he's done by a longshot.

Now, that said, I am not swinging from George's nuts. Some of the things he's had his hands in just don't hit me right. (Howard the Duck? Radioland Murders? Captain EO?) But what he has produced that agrees with me hits me deeply. Yes, the first Star Wars trilogy and the first three Indiana Jones movies are part of my childhood. I am a self-professed Star Wars geek.

Though from my point of view, one of the problems with society today is that everyone thinks their opinion is paramount. That no matter what, you should be thinking what they're thinking and if you don't, there's something wrong with you.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                              If you want to watch this movie with good acting and no CGI.....look for The Tuskegee Airmen. Good fucking movie in my opinion. This is just a bastardized Lucas remake of it.-LouSiffer
                              Yeah, wasn't this story done already?

And if I want to see similar stuff, I can turn on the History Channel and watch Dogfights all day long.

Comment

Working...
                              X