Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George L's cables..... opinions? anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never heard of whirlwind leaders. are they good cables?
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Just wired up a pedalboard with them. They are quality cables for sure...I don't know that I'd use them for instrument cable though but, they work perfect for my application. I'm a neat freak when it comes to my setup and these do the job. Perfect for short runs. My send and return loop cables as well as input cable (from my wireless/TS -->amp) are Monster though, which I've gigged pretty hard with for 2 years now and they still work and feel like new.

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
        Sounds easier. quicker and cheaper just to get a $20 Whirlwind Leader that probably works and sounds better.
        Hell, go a step further and go Hosa. Even cheaper, quicker and probably sound better.
        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

The nice thing about the george l's for pedalboards is tehy take up much less room on the board than other cables. The right angle ends also allow the pedals to be spaced closer together which can be a life saver on a crowded pedalboard. The other thing about them vs. soldered cables, which there is nothing wrong with making your own using neutric ends and so on btw, is they are easier to deal with if you run the cables under the pedalboard. Another project I'm working on is a pedalboard with a GigRig switcher. The board is a Trailer Trash board which will get drilled by each pedal to route the cables underneath. The George L's will be easier to run through the hole in the board and terminate on each side than solder. I've used George L's on some of my live boards which have been in use in years and they're still holding up fine.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I used these kits for my pedalboard, works quite nicely...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...oard-cable-kit
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X