Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Lucas keeps on making Star Wars better (Sarcasm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
    God forbid anyone should ever be offended. Politically correctness isnt the problem, people are too easily offended nowadays.
    The problem is about over politicalizing films and certain agendas brought into public awareness which makes people cry like a punch of pansies.
    I'm not sure how this problem was born though. Film critics and cinephiles have always tried to find hidden messages in films and there has always been pretty absurd theories and agendas, one of the most influential film critics in US Pauline Kael often made pretty absurd statements. But these days an absurd statement makes for an headline. It's not the fault of critics, and not all critics are in the business to criticize because they lack talent themselves, in fact some of the most important directors in the history have been film critics.

But the public somehow clings to critics' ideas, like the critic is some sort of an educating parent, the public gave up about forming an opinion on their own, their opinion of a film is born out of the agendas of film critics. And because of that there's certain critics who are just in the business to manipulate with the public... like Armond White who disagrees with every other critic just for the sake of it or Michael Medved, a dumb motherfucker who has no clue about cinema at all but sees an opportunity to ejaculate his ideology through film criticism.

For example, when the most successful nature documentary film "March of the Penguins" came out Medved praised it because according to him it promoted traditional family values which caused quite an uproar. The maker of this film, a French biologist Luc Jacquet was quite surprised how dumb someone can be by applying the life of penguins in Antarctica to the people in US, and him being an biologist and all, failed to see how polygamous penguins have anything to do with American family values.

When "Avatar" came out there was a lot of talk about its political agenda. One side praised how it was against imperialism, the other side damned it because it was anti human/white/technology/west etc. Both sides were too dumb to realize that the natives were helpless without the help of a white man from the earth and it was spitting in the face to real indigenous people who has suffered from imperialism by showing how easy it is to get rid of colonialists. But the ideologues didn't seem to care about this little detail at all which would turn it against their ideologies 180 degrees.

And now there's a whole lot of "hobby critics" who see some agenda everywhere. Professional ideologues, shitty critics, that's the thing these days. One has to only look at the reviews and topics at IMDB.com.
    For example this is my favourite segment:
    "In an industry which abandoned all positive American values such as patriotism, family, religion, morality, hard work, et cetera; and prefers endless evenings (or days) snorting lines of coke, one wonders how they can sink any lower."
    About a German film taking place in 18th century France.

It's not about the film at all anymore, it's about where you can fit your agendas and ideology.
    And such an dishonest director like Spielberg certainly cares about public agendas. His films have been re-evaluated, of course some might have been pointing out about cops waving guns in "E.T." and how it wasn't cute and family friendly. Of course he "fixed it". He has also been criticizing his own film "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" because it isn't so family friendly today... basically it's about Richard Dreyfuss character becoming obsessed with the UFO stuff, doesn't care about work anymore, leaves family behind to seek out UFOs, kisses another woman blah blah blah.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I saw the very first fuggin' Star Wars with my first girlfriend. She had huge titties. I picked the movie randomly just to get a beej or sumthin'. All I remember is that my tool was sore as hell trying to get off..from a feeble attempt of a three hour hand job. Her hand was all sweaty, salty, spitty..my weenie raw, burnin' and throbbin'. I just wanted to shoot my goo..that's all! Finally, during the credits..during a shocking applause of the audience...I blew chum!!!

It was a magical experince. I never seen another fuggin' Star Wars since....ever!

Hail George Lucus...for not leaving me with blueballs, and giving her carpal tunnel!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ohhhh Endy.."March of the penguins". I cried when that seabird ate that fuggin' baby penguin. I know that's nature and all...but I was like..."oooohhhhh, fuck you seabird"!!!

Did they re-issue this on special Blu-ray..I must buy 3D glasses for that fuggin' seabird.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

For anyone who still thinks it's fake:

http://news.yahoo.com/star-wars-chan...110121694.html

Comment

Oh no, please...
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              Did they re-issue this on special Blu-ray..
              Yes but because critics decided that certain scene gave the wrong message, they edited it using life-like state of the art computer graphics into the seabird sharing his meal with the Penguin

oh, back on Star Wars ver 3.6

A least Microsoft gives you free updates after buying their product once
              Last edited by Nightbat; 09-02-2011, 09:02 AM.
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                "March of the penguins". I cried when that seabird ate that fuggin' baby penguin.
                Hey, spoiler warning, you DICK!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Please tell me that still of the ghosts with Portman is fake. Lucas has already ruined the movies enough.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                    Not mad yet?

wait.... Natalie Portman dies?!?

I'm a little sketchy on the details of the last 3 movies, having gleaned all my knowledge from watching my son play Star Wars lego on xbox & wii. Wasn't Anakin kind of grizzled & messed up when he died? How come he gets to come back as young and beautiful ghost, while Obi Wan has to come back as dude-in-his-60s-living-in-the-desert ghost?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

i don't get all the uproar. I don't remember the original well enough to be upset about whatever minute difference is in the new one. How is anyone upset over the most inane little details boggles my fucking mind.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-sports-pictures-asante-troll-face-nfl-football-philadelphia-daniels-eagles-u-mad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2445595
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

In this new version, Greedo shoots himself!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            wait.... Natalie Portman dies?!?

I'm a little sketchy on the details of the last 3 movies, having gleaned all my knowledge from watching my son play Star Wars lego on xbox & wii. Wasn't Anakin kind of grizzled & messed up when he died? How come he gets to come back as young and beautiful ghost, while Obi Wan has to come back as dude-in-his-60s-living-in-the-desert ghost?

You had to go and mention that??? Now Lucas will make another version of this with Obi Wan looking like he did in Episode I, II and III. Total money grab!!
                            You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

It doesn't make sense that Natalie Portman's character dies and becomes a Force Ghost. Padme wasn't a Jedi or anything. And it looks like her ghost replaced Yoda's in that side-by-side screenshot comparison that Sephiroth posted. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan (I've watched all six movies at least twice and understand the mythos and impact on popular culture but they're just movies to me, badly acted ones at that) but that's pretty lame.

However, I'll be really incensed the day Bob Zemeckis dicks around with the Back To The Future trilogy or James Cameron remixes Terminator 1 and 2. Fortunately, they haven't, and my 80s childhood movies remain they way I remember them.

Comment

The only thing that would ruin my teenage memories is seeing how that big tittied beast looks today!! She's gotta be a fuggin' horrorshow! She prolly needs George Lucus' help..that fat peice o' chit! Prolly pooped out a 6 pups by 6 sperm givers..eatin' welfare cheese.

But she was a prestine 16 back then..40 DDs..could you imagine such tits?!!! REAL natural, bouncy tits. Not sillycones! The saddest thing is.. I didn't know what tittyf uggin' was at age 13. We didn't have a handbook, youtube, when everyone was harry and happy!. So, I wasted the best tits I'll ever know my entire life. I mean how long can ya suck a tit? I used to suggum for hours. If I only knew what you could really do with 'em. 35 years kickin myself for this shit!

:idea:Hey, is titty fuggin cheatin'? I mean really..I don't think so. Wait, I'll ask the wife....she said yes!

OK, now I'm mad...fuck George Lucas!

Comment

Working...
                                X