Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Lucas keeps on making Star Wars better (Sarcasm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas keeps on making Star Wars better (Sarcasm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw

Childhood = raped.

Not mad yet?

Comment

I'll give that the benefit of the "fake" doubt, I can't see him still tinkering with sound effects. For the most part I enjoyed the cleaned up FX of the special edition releases (I bought them on Laserdisc) but the extra Jabba scenes and the Greedo shot first bits disappointed me. Wait till Lucas dies and someone "reboots" the francise.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No way that's real..please tell me that's a fake!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          I'll give that the benefit of the "fake" doubt, I can't see him still tinkering with sound effects. For the most part I enjoyed the cleaned up FX of the special edition releases (I bought them on Laserdisc) but the extra Jabba scenes and the Greedo shot first bits disappointed me. Wait till Lucas dies and someone "reboots" the francise.
          He's done it before. In "Empire Strikes Back" there was a man saying "imperial forces have entered the base." In one of the remasters and all the versions since then, for NO REASON AT ALL that man's voice was replaced with a woman's voice.

Comment

Man, I had the originals on VHS, I havent seen them in years. I have no idea what all the uproar is about anymore and I dont have the VHS anymore, and dont care to spoil the memory with the various remixes. I guess its for the best, as what I do remember is from the originals.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Man, I had the originals on VHS,
              Same here but my kids watched those movies so many times that they killed the tapes!
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Funny how Lucas has poured so much time and money into that turd while he made "American Graffiti" with less than a mil which proved that he had talent but after that he decided to become the Miley Cyrus of filmmaking.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Had talent... had, being the operative word. Actually, I think it was an accident. :dunno:

Comment

I guess Lucas wants to keep the copyrights as fresh as possible, now he gets another lifetime+70 years

Personally I consider him to have become Hollywood's biggest washed up hack
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Ha! Still got my VHS. Guess these will be worth a fortune some day...

He really should have left his movies alone.
                      I can't think of a single scene he edited or added I like. It's so not necessary.
                      What would the Mona Lisa look like if da Vinci would have kept on keeping that girl up to date for 30 years.
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I don't know what all the fuss is about...let these movies die in peace. Why people continue to buy version after version is a mystery to me. They were great childhood memories, but the constant fleecing of his fan base is disgusting. Peoples willingness to buy over and over is why he keeps doing it. Sheeesh.
                        My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

I can understand enhancing visual and audio fx, thats probably the way he really wanted to do it back then but didnt have the technology, kind of like Mustaine remixing and remastering his back catalogue. This changing shit to be more PC crap is ridiculous. Like Greedo shooting first, and when Spielberg made the cops wave walky-talkys in the ET DVD instead of shotguns. This PC shit is fucking sad. God forbid anyone should ever be offended. Politically correctness isnt the problem, people are too easily offended nowadays.

You use to be able to laugh at a good off color joke in public, now you have to look around first to see if anyone else is laughing before you let on that you thought it was indeed funny, even if youre in the god damned comedy club.
                          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Those seem faked.

In any event, Lucas jumped the shark a long time ago. Even before the Prequels. I so wanted to enjoy them. Truth be told, though, they were pretty lame. Bottom line is that Lucas became so obsessed with creating the digital effects and visual "pop" - which was pretty ground-breaking with the prequels - that the story, plot, and acting were totally lame. Should've had Kirsh -or someone else talented and focused on directing - do the last two, so he could just focus on the effects work. Which is pretty much all he did anyway, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              Had talent... had, being the operative word. Actually, I think it was an accident. :dunno:
                              The thing is he decided to become the establishment, the very thing his generation was against. He was a part of New Wave filmmakers who were influenced by modern European and Japanese cinema which broke all the boundaries and killed politically correct classical Hollywood. And while most of the 70's he was all for new gritty American movies then in the late 70's he killed it off. It was the start of the pussified Hollywood era - the 80's. Instead of creating something honest he decided to calculate what dumb masses would like to see. Luckily he has directed very little unlike Spielberg who was also young talented lad in the 70's but opted out to make incredibly dishonest, over sentimental pieces of shit.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X