No announcement yet.

anyone else love 'the darkness'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fucking Christmas song they did didn't help either, it was doing my fucking loaf in, everywhere you bloody went, either that or the fucking Pogues.

This is how I see the Darkness:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD1MpdFu-w8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWJP...eature=related
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I think that's part of the charm, the band would not be complete without that kind of over the top shit.

He's such a fucking rockstar, going and doing the rehab for the coke thing. I would the the SAME FUCKING THING if I were a famous rockstar.

Comment

Dang, I didn't know The Darkness and Greenday got so much hate. I kind of liked them.

Comment

I can't get over how BADASS these guys are.

shit

makes me want to quit my job and grow my hair back out, start selling drugs again, trade in my volvo for a mid 80s iroc camaro, and just rock the fuck out 24/7

Comment

I don't get the hate, I really like those two albums. Great songwriting, great guitar mix, cool solos, hell I even like the vocals (although I can understand why they might make Rsmacker a bit uppity).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
              I can't get over how BADASS these guys are.

shit

makes me want to quit my job and grow my hair back out, start selling drugs again, trade in my volvo for a mid 80s iroc camaro, and just rock the fuck out 24/7
              ummmmmmmmmmmmm....what?
              I guess. I think type O negitive would kick the darkness in the arse!!

Comment

A mash-up of Queen, Van Halen and ACDC - what's not to love?

I liked the first Darkness cd a lot, the second not so much... but I totally loved Hot Leg!
                Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

The Darkness: a fresh breath of the same old crap
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    The Darkness: a fresh breath of the same old crap
                    I gave the first album A listen.
                    what A fuckin' waste of what ever CDs are made from!
                    sorry
                    they suck!
                    what they suck is another subject/thread.
                    If it was A movie I would say....I've seen better film on teeth!!

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      you can't. Newc's talking out his ass. They only have two albums out and they are both of a similar vein.

I remember a few people here (on the JCF) assumed they were extreme metal because of the name (like The Haunted or something) and were shocked the first time they heard them, particularly the falsetto vocals. I can imagine the reaction from the label if the band had suddenly dropped some serious "underground metal" schtick and started wearing sequined jumpsuits and playing glam rock after they were signed. Why would the label release the album then?

As for their climbing the ladder - the success and sales of those two "candy-rock" albums blew away anything in the metal underground.

I like 'em. Didn't know they were back together.
                      Guitar World featured them a few years back as the hottest new underground Metal thing. They had the all-black setups and eyeblack and all that Gawth shit everyone else at the time was doing.
                      A few issues later, they're back on the cover with the glitter and the glam and the sparkly pink Les Paul and angry hordes crying foul and "burn the heretics".
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        A few issues later, they're back on the cover with the glitter and the glam and the sparkly pink Les Paul and angry hordes crying foul and "burn the heretics".
                        Much like the Beatles
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

sounds like Pantera in reverse. Which issue, Newc? I'd love to check it out
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            sounds like Pantera in reverse. Which issue, Newc? I'd love to check it out
                            prob doesn't exist

Comment

I was under the impression they were a joke band kind of spoofing the whole glam thing. I get a Spinal Tap vibe from them. If they are serious, which I hope they are not, than I'm with the others that think they blow. C'mon, those vocals can't possibly be serious.
                              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by kramer View Post
                                I gave the first album A listen.
                                what A fuckin' waste of what ever CDs are made from!
                                sorry
                                they suck!
                                what they suck is another subject/thread.
                                If it was A movie I would say....I've seen better film on teeth!!
                                OK I listened to the second album............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................

These guys/girls grow up under power lines?
                                Generik crap I say

Comment

Working...
                                X