Clear All

Hey those canuks got great cigars!!

Oh wait
    what?

whoops...sorry thats the cubans...

Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BYeh1 View Post
      To me there looks to be some pent up rage that's about more than just a hockey game, but I'll defer to the Vancouverites to break down the mood and psychology of the city and its citizens...
      Yeah it's probably pent up Tax rage.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I like the guy feelin' up his girl in the middle of that bullshit. He's like fuck all this shit...I'm gettin' laid. When I was that age nothing could get between me and pussy..not even fuggin' Hitler.

Yeah I know..they got caught in the middle and she was knocked down, and he was helping her up. But I bet my low hung testosticles he got laid anywhoo...that's what I think!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You guys pays taxes in Canada too? None of those MFs in the pics look like they've paid a dime in taxes

Seriously, what's the highest tax bracket in Canada? Can't be higher than California and New York, where for the past 13 years I've paid 50% taxes all-in (Federal, State, Local), I don't get free healthcare, and am unlikely to see any of the money I've paid into Social Security over the past 20 years...

Kills me that half of Americans paid no income tax last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BYeh1 View Post
            Seriously, what's the highest tax bracket in Canada? Can't be higher than California and New York, where for the past 13 years I've paid 50% taxes all-in (Federal, State, Local), I don't get free healthcare, and am unlikely to see any of the money I've paid into Social Security over the past 20 years...
            A former colleague of mine moved to California recently. He told me pays more income tax (in percentages) there than he ever did in Denmark*, and here he'd get the free health care and education.

* VAT is considerably higher here, though.

Comment

Money works in many mysterious ways, over here the income tax is only 21% but the rest of the money is spent on getting hammered because of the highest food prices in EU, low income, unemployment, post-soviet mentality, intolerance, crappy infrastructure, society being 20 years behind rest of the continent, lack of culture, declining population etc. In the end somebody gets your money anyway.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I had a long reply about our tax rates and stuff but had a spaz misclick in IE and lost my post. I can't spend the time typing it again but basically I think our average income tax rate is about %35. Medical Coverage is not "Free" here though, you are required to pay monthly fees if you are anywhere above poverty in invcome. (Effective January 1, 2011, monthly rates are $60.50 for one person, $109.00 for a family of two and $121.00 for a family of three or more.)

We also have a Harmonized sales tax (currently at 12%, 5% federal/7% provincial) that applies to any goods or services.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm sick of taxes, economics and silly shit like that. If that was me and my girl in that riot. Well, I'd be eatin' her asshole...of course.

Now that's real romance because nobody eats ass in the midst of a full blown riot. But that would destract all parties involved, both police and rioters ..then peace would ensue. You would have cops and rioters in a big hump pile. Storm sewers would be full, and the streets would be flooded with cum. You would need a boat to rescue people stranded on rooftops...from all the goo. But there wouldn't be any animosity because they just shot their load. Think, were you ever mad at anything after you just shot your spoim?..I didn't think so.

All you would have to do is legalize weed..because nobody wants to fight when they're fuggin' high. Doritos, Pespsi, Pussy and Pizza. If they ever do legalize weed..immediately buy stocks in these comodities.

Endy, Hellbro, Tommy..and fellow free thinkers of this community. Share your thoughts.

BillZ
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

weed will be legalized in the very next election, republicans seem to be slowly taking back over, and republicans
                    just love money, and weed will get this state out of debt in no time. as far as eating ass in the middle of a riot, i just can't seem to find a problem with that William.
                    as lomg as it's nice ass of course.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      weed will be legalized in the very next election, republicans seem to be slowly taking back over, and republicans
                      just love money, and weed will get this state out of debt in no time. as far as eating ass in the middle of a riot, i just can't seem to find a problem with that William.
                      as lomg as it's nice ass of course.
                      It'll never be legal in the US. Mexico doesn't want it legal unless the cartels be classified as legitimate businessmen in spite of the thousands they've killed because that's the only way to end the drug war, which for the US side means any US growers will be under-cut and put out of business by cheap Mexican weed in spite of Mexican weed being the shittiest strain known to man. The alcohol industry doesn't want it legal and will whisper "DEY TOOK OUR JOBS" into the ears of politicians to get them against it, and politicans are not above protecting the profits of industries. A single activist judge will stop it citing vague re-interpretations of the Constitution to get it to read shit it doesn't even say.

There are just too many self-serving selfish people for weed to ever be legal. If it ever passed either by public vote or by senate legislation, it would take a whole 24 hours before a single judge wiped his ass with millions of votes and stops it after a suit brought by the alcohol industry or some Mexican special interest group. Everything that's right with weed does not matter against everything that's wrong with the industry around it.

So it'll remain illegal here forever, and you have selfish people everywhere to blame for it. Legalizing weed as a means of rapid and massive tax revenue is totally irrelevant.

Comment

Agree with ACG, looks like weed will be legalized in California next election cycle (2012). The morality-freaks will finally get trumped by CA's dire need for tax revenues. Win-win for all!

Comment

You can't tax what you cannot regulate. You cannot regulate weed. It spawns its own seeds by the hundreds (if not thousands) and you can get one stalk from one seed that produces thousands/hundreds of thousands of seeds.

Unless you tamper with the genetics to create seedless weed.

However if you're going to tamper with plant genetics, why not turn fruits and vegetables into plants that can grow to fuition as rapidly as weeds.

The solution to California's financial issues is to eliminate Government positions and get down to a handful:
                          Governor - oversees the entire State, and serves as State Representative in the US Congress and Senator. You eliminate about a half dozen overpaid positions by getting rid of California's excess Reps and Senators.
                          County Mayors - All County Mayors are also the Mayors of each city within each County, so you eliminate the Mayor of each city, his staff, his perks, and that money goes back into the County. The County Mayor must concern himself with all the cities in the County, not just the ones with the highest property values and most millionaires.
                          State Police - No more City Cops. Everyone is a State Employee, and is under the direct command of the State Police. They are assigned to the Cities and Counties and have jurisdiction anywhere in the State. L.A.P.D. can arrest you in San Fran, S.F.P.D. can arrest you in Beverly Hills.
                          State Board of Education - Oversees the educational needs/concerns of the entire State, not just the richest/poorest areas. Spreads the tax-wealth evenly so a free education is an equal education. Let the millionaires pay for their kids to go to private school, but either beef up the standards for the public sector or limit the advancement level of the private schools.

The Public needs to demand a hard-copy of the State's budget and expenses - a detailed listing of everything they spent tax dollars on. Not "Administrative Expenses", but everything that entials - paper clips, post-it notes, toilet paper, personal trainers, hookers, etc etc. That way you know who to hang for raping the State's economy.

In the event of riots spawned from anger over losing a sporting event, the violent rioters should be shot. Drunken rage would not be an allowable excuse.
                          Looters should be shot on sight. Not detained, not arrested, not booked and printed, but shot dead. There's no relation between your team not being able to win and stealing from a store, so shoot the fucking thieves.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            No more City Cops. Everyone is a State Employee, and is under the direct command of the State Police. They are assigned to the Cities and Counties and have jurisdiction anywhere in the State. L.A.P.D. can arrest you in San Fran, S.F.P.D. can arrest you in Beverly Hills.
                            So, like the Gestapo.

The Public needs to demand a hard-copy of the State's budget and expenses - a detailed listing
                            hard copy? So, there will be no more trees left here. Maybe put it online, eh?

In the event of riots spawned from anger over losing a sporting event, the violent rioters should be shot. Drunken rage would not be an allowable excuse.
                            Looters should be shot on sight. Not detained, not arrested, not booked and printed, but shot dead.
                            So, like the Gestapo. You're describing an extreme form of martial law. I hope we are a long way from that.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would have like to have seen a stronger physical response by the police to what had happened. A lot of people went further than they probably would have had them seen more people around them get tased and paddy wagoned. Unfortunately some people only learn when physically corrected.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                So, like the Gestapo. You're describing an extreme form of martial law. I hope we are a long way from that.
                                That reminds me that fascist industrialists in 30's Germany were bragging how they managed to maintain more order in the society than anywhere else in the world and American and British tourists felt extremely pleased.
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X