Gorgomyte: any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgomyte: any good?

I've been curious about this product Gorgomyte, I'm sure some here have heard of it and may have used it. What are your thoughts, is it any good?

Sounds like a death metal band.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I love it - cleans frets way too easily and no need for steel wool. Best of all it takes like 5 min for all your frets.

Comment

Sounds more like a Black Metal Band, which is kvlt! (Did I use that correctly? Thanks for the education Jay.)
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I see that is also conditions the fretboard as well as cleans the frets. Does that work just as good for the FB as the Fret Dr.? I've been using the Fret Dr. for a few years now and I really do like how it conditions the ebony of my guitars.

Comment

WTF? Gorgomyte? Fucking Medusa juice or what?

And yeah, it does sound like a Black/Death/Doom/Gawth/Idiots-in-corpsepaint Metal band.

Come to think of it, Idiots-In-Corpsepaint sounds like a good name for a band. Hmmmm.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              WTF? Gorgomyte? Fucking Medusa juice or what?

And yeah, it does sound like a Black/Death/Doom/Gawth/Idiots-in-corpsepaint Metal band.

Come to think of it, Idiots-In-Corpsepaint sounds like a good name for a band. Hmmmm.
              Idiots-In-Corpsepaint does sounds like a good name for a band!

I ordered some from Stewmac and should be here later today. I'm gonna see what all the hype is about. Steel wool works great for fret polishing, but the shards it leaves behind is a pain to clean. I figure of this stuff works just as good with no cleanup then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                I see that is also conditions the fretboard as well as cleans the frets. Does that work just as good for the FB as the Fret Dr.? I've been using the Fret Dr. for a few years now and I really do like how it conditions the ebony of my guitars.
                In the FAQ, it says it leaves no protective coating:

http://gorgomyte.com/FAQ2.html

If I used Gorgomyte for the frets and to clean the fretboard, I'd still follow up with Fret Doctor or at least lemon oil on a rosewood or ebony board. I don't care what they say about "just masking the problem", ebony will crack if it dries out.

Comment

I definitely plan on following up with the Fret Dr. It's a really great product, the difference it makes on dry wood is remarkable. This FB board here was super dry.

Comment

Yeah, you want to oil ebony. I prefer mineral oil, just a light coat once in a while, to keep it from gaining or losing moisture too fast. To keep your fretboard from drying out/shrinking/cracking, don't leave it in a dry environment for extented periods of time i.e. buy a humidifier.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      To keep your fretboard from drying out/shrinking/cracking, don't leave it in a dry environment for extented periods of time i.e. buy a humidifier.
                      Or move to Vancouver, we get all the humidity we need naturally.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I do too, in the summer even with the AC it's like 55%.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                          Sounds like a death metal band.
                          Or a B-rate Jap horror flick

Comment

Originally posted by Brozz View Post
                            Or a B-rate Jap horror flick
                            Redundancy Alert

:P
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I finally got the Gorgomyte in the mail and tried it out on my 2 Soloists over the weekend. I have to say that I was very pleased with the results. It left the FB looking very nice and clean and cleaned up the frets with little effort. I was particularly surprised with the amount of gunk that was removed from the fret board alone on one of my guitars. After hitting it up with the Fret Dr. they looked good as new. I'm definitely sold on this product.

Comment

Working...
                              X