No announcement yet.

What is up with naming guitars?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see star Track is coming out on Blue Ray now. they just had a commercial on with that big hairy space ape thing from that show. I think its name is rebecca or something like that.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• One of my good ole` guitar buddies who just happens to be a massive Star Trick fan named my guitars for me...

My SD2 is called `Big Red`, my So-Cal is called `Black Beauty`, my Wild Card is called `The Wild Card` and my old strat is called `The Blondie`....

Thanks for the threadmine Tonemoanster as it`s always a treat to read some classic Rsmacker... confronting yet disturbing... disturbing yet disturbing...

Comment

• yes, Rsmacker has a unique way with words.

Comment

• Rsmacker is our modern Gustave Flaubert, the master of style, king of clever phrases, emperor of enlightening sentences.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            Rsmacker is our modern Gustave Flaubert, the master of style, king of clever phrases, emperor of enlightening sentences.
            yea, he is da man. he is cooler than the other side of the pillow. hell, he is cooler than the side of the toilet bowl at 2am on a crawlin home pukin drunk.

Comment

• I should name mine, conversations with my girlfriend currently go like this "I ordered new pickups for my dinky" "which one is that" "the white one" "which white one? The epiphany one?" "its epiphone babe but no the pointy one" "oh, the new one or the old one?" "The new one babe, the new one."

Only things she knows is "epiphany" and "the naked ladies one".

If I named them I could say "I got new pickups for the bad mother fucker today babe" and we would instantly be on the same page.
              Last edited by TKEblue; 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM.
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

• Hell my band use several different stage names. Sometimes we're Tony Mangina and the Meat Rockets and other times we're Bobby Dill and the Dos. We do it in fun. Sometimes I get called Ben Jammin, the old Keyboard player got called Dirty Sanchez a bit and the drummer called the singer Upper Decker a few times when I told him what it meant. As far as guitars though, I've never named a single one, the police however named one States Evidence when I knocked a guy out and off of the stage with it during a show. I did get lucky though as the guy dropped the charges.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

• I use a "name" only for guest lists, usually a name of some kickass musician whom most people over here have no idea about and with a name that sounds rather whacky for them when I say it out loud at the door.

Usually it's the name of session bassist Pino Palladino
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                    I should name mine, conversations with my girlfriend currently go like this "I ordered new pickups for my dinky" "which one is that" "the white one" "which white one? The epiphany one?" "its epiphone babe but no the pointy one" "oh, the new one or the old one?" "The new one babe, the new one."

If I named them I could say "I got new pickups for the bad mother fucker today babe" and we would instantly be on the same page.
                    Consider yourself lucky. Mine pointed to a red American Standard Strat and said "That looks like your guitar." I said "Which one?" and she said "All of them."

Comment

• Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                      I should name mine, conversations with my girlfriend currently go like this "I ordered new pickups for my dinky" "which one is that" "the white one" "which white one? The epiphany one?" "its epiphone babe but no the pointy one" "oh, the new one or the old one?" "The new one babe, the new one."

Thats awesome. Maybe I should name ALL my guitars "bad mother fucker". that would be the coolest name ever, and all my guitars deserve it.

"hey bud, can you grab bad mother fucker and hand it to me?" thanks man.

"oh, whatch out there pal, dont knock bad mother fucker off its stand"

Comment

• No one seems to have a problem calling the COCKDRAGON by name.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                          No one seems to have a problem calling the COCKDRAGON by name.
                          thats because its legend. it transcends names.

Comment

Working...
                          X