What is up with naming guitars?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with naming guitars?????

I dont get this shit. why the fuck people name shit. especially guitars. why the fuck would you name a guitar? it just screams I am a big fucking stupid geek who thinks I am cooler for naming my guitar when in fact I am just a big fucking stupid geek that watches star treck and wacks off after every episode. seriously people. why do you do this?

get off the naming kick.

naming inanimate objects is just weird. I have never named a guitar. I havent named an amplifier either. I just call my guiars something like "that blue one" or "the red one" or "the one with the chick paintjob" or the "crackle finish one" or "the amber flame one" . this is practical. it makes sense.

I mean really folks, giving your guitar some rediculous name like "Punisher" or "inflictor" or "accelerator" or "speedster" is just out there. I mean why do you screw around with those names and just get it over with and call it "The bad ass" ????? I dont get it.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Yeah I'm more or less with you. I think the "whacking it to Star Trek" issue might require a deep dive in a separate thread, however.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
      it just screams I am a big fucking stupid geek who thinks I am cooler for naming my guitar when in fact I am just a big fucking stupid geek that watches star treck and wacks off after every episode. seriously people.
      it's STAR TREK!!

you... idiot!
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I agree. I haven't hamed any of my guitars and I never understood why people do that, BUT now I am going to start calling my KV2 "the Punisher" just to be a geek.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

star treck, star track, whatever. its all the same, you know what I mean.

Comment

call it the bad ass instead.

Comment

have you been reading through old Blazer threads?

I liked that custom tele he built - "The Cutting Board"
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I think Captain Kirk was great in the first few episodes of Star Wars. :dunno:

Comment

I dont get it either...to me its the the flame GMW or the bound body jackson or any one of the mutts I have (usually the color or top).
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

People like to give names to inanimate objects. Their cars, their penises, etc. Hell it's pretty much universal with boats and ships. Why not guitars?

Only one of my guitars is named. The Death Kitty.

And Dr. Crusher may have been responsible for a mess or two when I was going through a cougar phase.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

.. why do you do this? get off the naming kick.
                      You make it sound like a big fucking issue. Like it's all over this place. Show me 10 fucking quotes from here where people seriously named their guitar
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        People like to give names to inanimate objects. Their cars, their penises, etc. Hell it's pretty much universal with boats and ships. Why not guitars?
                        Who are these people you speak of?

I tried to think of a name for my guitar once - can't remember why - and then realized it made no sense. Can't see how it is geeky though. Jimmy Page had a "Number One" guitar, clearly a huge Star Trek fan

Mmm, Dr Crusher on blurry VHS...

Comment

What about Lucille?

Comment

I named mine Gretchen, Helga, and, well, Kelly. Not really, and "Number 1" was post Jimmy Pages hayday in the Star Trek time line. Number 1 is what Capt. Picard referred to Riker as in The Next Generation starting around 1985 I think.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

call it the bad ass instead.
                              I couldn't actually call it the bas add with a straight face whereas I know I can with the Punisher.
                              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X