Yes another GLORIOUS UPS story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for you UPS users after all the years of warning & damage horror story posts - you really should opt not to use UPS. I don't, and I request other shippers when I buy things.
    I have never used UPS. Unfortunately some sellers haven't learned yet.

Comment

Sucks
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

My buddy ordered a new Agile Les Paul knock off a couple weeks back, and unknowingly shipped it with UPS. They left it sitting on his front step, in the pouring rain. It was raining so bad, half the people I know had basement floods, and had to renovate them. Luckily he bought a case with it, which was covered in water, but the guitar was unharmed.

Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for you UPS users after all the years of warning & damage horror story posts - you really should opt not to use UPS. I don't, and I request other shippers when I buy things.
        Who do you ship with, Ron? I might have to send a guitar, and don't really want to deal with UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
          Who do you ship with, Ron? I might have to send a guitar, and don't really want to deal with UPS.
          USPS Priority or Fed Ex. Never had any problems with either.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

FedEx smashed a Fusion PRO neck sent to me once before. The seller had to file a claim. I'd stay away from them as well. I usually go USPS.

Comment

Newegg only allows UPS and Purolator, but you can only use Purolator for small items. I had ordered a full sized tower and a couple boxes of parts.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I just received a guitar stand that I ordered from Musicians Friend today and when it arrived via UPS today, the box was busted wide open. The contents were intact and all accounted for, but geez.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

USPS Priority or Fed Ex. Never had any problems with either.
                  Fun fact: For a while I thought UPS and USPS were the same!

However since I'm in Canada I'm going to choose FedEx to ship a guitar about 5 hours from here, (same province). If this goes well I may have a new package delivererer.

Comment

I've got an ongoing saga of my own with UPS and damaging a guitar, but ~ without getting all political.

Here's a story about UPS vs. FedEx ........

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...906957778.html
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I feel your pain! I have had problems with UPS and Fedex in the past.

Comment

At UPS these guys are always struggling to make there quotas and always on the run. Every driver I talk to hates to work there, but loves the money they make.UPS is a meatgrinder for employee's, they dont give a fuck.

Comment

Imo, all of the shippers are the same. If you simply pack the guitar so that it cannot move inside the case (and don't pack around the headstock!), it'll be fine. That said, if you're not shipping in a case, good luck.

Sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i hate mailin guitars without a case and hate gettin em w/o a case. i've even sent a case out to a few people just to have em send a guitar to me.

sucks man. at least you got a refund. hope the seller doesnt get stuck. i hate gettin stuck.

Comment

Working...
                            X