Yes another GLORIOUS UPS story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes another GLORIOUS UPS story

So like many of us I go on ebay find something I like buy it NOW screams the credit card, I listen.
    I wait a week it gets here & The UPS ape has a newbie trainee with him .
    He comes to the door with a half torn crushed box & tries to walk off. I tell him doesn't need a signature?
    The Ape higher on the food chain says yes yes it does, ok let me just open the box first.
    They panic, the set neck on the guitar is Cracked down both sides into the body . They won't take it back they give me a song & dance about calling in a claim. I remind them I haven't signed for the box yet. Having been through Gorilla city before trying to make a claim on a signature item I know if I don't sign I'm screwed, so I sign. I got the driver & his minions name & control #, then called UPS.
    They come get the guitar today I got a full refund from the seller, cause I was a nice guy & thought hey why don't i send the seller the original pics from delivery 1 including the UPS apes as they leave my drive wayLoL.

& that's my the story & I'm sticking to it.

They can give these Yard Apes a drivers License, but can't teach them how to handle a box! Yeah Yeah I know chimps have been taught to use a Microwave on the space shuttle , But I'm asking to much right?
    According To The Prophecy

I don't like the fact that they knew it was damaged and tried to leave without telling you, but I doubt those two delivery guys did it. It was probably someone who loaded/unloaded it for shipping.

Comment

UPS left my brand new KE2 lying flat on the concrete in front of my apartment in Austin... when it was raining... Thankfully, I was on the third floor and there was an awning, but still... I was so furious I wanted to kill the guys.

Ordered 100 CD's from DiskFaktory. They arrived in a 2'x2' box, loose. 30 of them were destroyed from bouncing around inside. Called DF and they asked if it was a DF box. No. Turns out the retards at UPS most likely damaged that box, then dumped the contents into this huge-ass box. Bunch of f-ing morons. Seriously, doesn't UPS care? I think that people need to file a BBB complaint EVERY time this happens.

Comment

I got a Peavey Tracer project in through UPS yesterday; it actually looks fine and the bx is fine, but my room is at the far end of the house from the delivery door at the carport. So I wrote a note saying "UPS, I'm Home, please knock at window to our far right if I don't come to the door. But I also kept checking the tracking, til it said it was delivered!

Sure enough, right by the carport door! It was fine, and it's a quiet neighborhood, but there was a note on the door saying I was here! That just irks me, you know? I'm lucky, though, they didn't hurt the box.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

UPS is no worse than the U.S. Parcel Service. A few years ago, I ordered an item and it was shipped through those jackasses. When it was past the time it should have arrived, I called the company to get a tracking number. I went on USPS' website and it said:

1st Notice Left
          2nd Notice Left
          3rd Notice Left

They totally LIED because they were too lazy to actually leave a notice. They had left NO notice. So I had to call around with that number to see which post office had it so I could go and get it. The dumbest thing is that it would have easily fit in my mailbox.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Fuck USPS. They take too long and damage everything. Parcelforce are equally clumsy and charge me for the privilege. Fedex are much quicker, but don't like getting signatures.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've had things delivered in front of my garage, not even at my door. Mind you've I've never had any broken item horror stories, but still... They could be more considerate.
              I like EL34s.

Comment

I have a Model 6 in transit. I hate wait and the worry.

Comment

I just got a ups package just with the case taped closed. I was sooo scared it was trashed. luckily it was OK.

Comment

All the delivery services suck. I had a 7.1 receiver that I bought a couple of years back, ended up being defective. I got an RMA from the retailer and shipped it back (having FedEx themselves package it to make sure they couldn't claim I fucked it up), and they dropped it at some point and destroyed the front panel on the receiver. Thankfully, I had shipped it on a corporate account through my work and had pictures and documentation of everything. Got my money back a week later.

Now I have an effects module coming Monday though. I really hope it arrives alright. I hate buying anything long distance...

-Corey

Comment

Thankfully not a guitar, but I ordered the new Halo on the 9th... still don't have it.

I ordered it to my work address where we do a lot of business with UPS. When I recieve the tracking number it's a postal tracking number. Weird.

This is where I learned about "UPS Mail Innovations". UPS picks the package up and at some point hands it off to USPS for delivery. No problem, right?

Here's the deal: UPS doesn't ship to PO boxes, which is where we get our mail. Since we get our mail at our PO Box USPS doesn't deliver to our street address.

I realized this was likely to happen a couple days before arrival and alerted the post office. The guy said he'd make a note for the sorter to put it in our PO box when it arrived. Problem averted?

Turns out he was off the day it arrived so the sorter passed it to the carrier. The carrier of course, knowing he doesn't deliver to our street address stamps it 'undeliverable' and it presumably is headed back to the sender.

I called the company I ordered it from. They say it's no problem, once it gets back to them they'll FedEx it back to my home address for free.

That'd be fine and dandy, except the package has been stuck in some sort of bulk sorting facility limbo in Memphis since the 16th. No one at the shipper, UPS or USPS seems able to do anything about it.

Dicks.
                      Last edited by m2pmd70; 10-30-2010, 01:23 PM.
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                        Thankfully not a guitar, but I ordered the new Halo on the 9th... still don't have it.

I ordered it to my work address where we do a lot of business with UPS. When I recieve the tracking number it's a postal tracking number. Weird.

This is where I learned about "UPS Mail Innovations". UPS picks the package up and at some point hands it off to USPS for delivery. No problem, right?

Here's the deal: UPS doesn't ship to PO boxes, which is where we get our mail. Since we get our mail at our PO Box USPS doesn't deliver to our street address.

I realized this was likely to happen a couple days before arrival and alerted the post office. The guy said he'd make a note for the sorter to put it in our PO box when it arrived. Problem averted?

Turns out he was off the day it arrived so the sorter passed it to the carrier. The carrier of course, knowing he doesn't deliver to our street address stamps it 'undeliverable' and it presumably is headed back to the sender.

I called the company I ordered it from. They say it's no problem, once it gets back to them they'll FedEx it back to my home address for free.

That'd be fine and dandy, except the package has been stuck in some sort of bulk sorting facility limbo in Memphis since the 16th. No one at the shipper, UPS or USPS seems able to do anything about it.

Dicks.
                        You aren't missing anything, to be honest.
                        I like EL34s.

Comment

UPS left around a thousand dollars worth of computer parts sitting in plain view on my doorstep with the Newegg logo on the box clearly visible. Luckily it was undamaged. When I first got home I thought it had been ripped open and the contents had been removed but it was just sitting funny. I was pissed but relieved that I got everything.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for you UPS users after all the years of warning & damage horror story posts - you really should opt not to use UPS. I don't, and I request other shippers when I buy things.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                              You aren't missing anything, to be honest.
                              I think it's the best Halo game yet as far as single player. None of the flood/gravemind bullpuckey.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X