and i hear "feliz navidad" over and over and over. Knac played
    that song for the whole month, nothing else. I almost drove my bronco
    off the 405 into a tree in confusion and anger. There was no warning
    of the oncoming change. I got hostile.
    Doesn't seem to work?

Here's a different one:

Comment

Originally posted by dustin1969 View Post
      Btw, I'm really diggin the cincy station so far. Pretty good mix so far. Thanks for the suggestions
      Cool.

I almost never listen to WEBN any more because I work in Nashville, and the rental car has Sirius. WEBN puts on a HUGE firework show for Labor Day. I guess they play more current metal.

I sort of liked Cleveland's WMMS better when I worked up there. You'd hear Maiden and Dio. I'm old school I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        +1 - it got me through high school. Shame they don't have a more powerful transmitter.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

98rock in Tampa has a decent mix of old/newer stuff..... http://www.98rock.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            +1 - it got me through high school. Shame they don't have a more powerful transmitter.
            KNAC was pretty weak as well. I think they were around Long Beach and couldn't hit a lot of Southern California.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              Cool.

I almost never listen to WEBN any more because I work in Nashville, and the rental car has Sirius. WEBN puts on a HUGE firework show for Labor Day. I guess they play more current metal.

I sort of liked Cleveland's WMMS better when I worked up there. You'd hear Maiden and Dio. I'm old school I guess.
              OOps, it actually wasn't webn, it was the OK city channel I had it on. when I went to listen to webn, it was more like a cross between the Buzz in Nashville and the Rocket 95.1 in Huntsville (don't know if you can pick that up in Nashville,.. or would want to with Sat radio)..... But I'm like you, my perfect radio station would play SOME newer, but when they play older, play some Dio, some Maiden, some Priest (besides Breakin the Law, Livin after midnight, or Got another thing coming), Tesla, some hair metal that wasn't top 40, some deep album cut- van halen, some middle era black sabbath, some Accept, some Ted to lighten the mood, throw in some Megadeth, some 'ryche, and finish up the hour with maybe some old Rush.

I have a very extensive music collection, I'm gonna hear mostly things I already have, but just don't wanna hear the same stuff over and over. Some of you will be old enough to understand what I mean here. There didn't used to be "classic rock" stations, and when they started coming on the air, I loved it. Reminded me of a lot of music I grew up with that I hadn't dug out for a long time. But then, after a few years, they just became sooooo stale! I think most of us will agree that Lynyrd Skynyrd was a great band, but dammit, I don't want to hear them anymore because they get played at least once every 3 hours on most "classic rock" stations. Same with Zep... Zep will always be one of my favorite bands of all time, but just recently I had to literally take a few years break from them from hearing them soooo much on classic radio. Maybe this is something that just us real music lovers suffer from, because almost all of my friends have no kind of passion for music and look at me like I'm crazy when I don't want to hear you shook me all night long for the 1,000,000th time, they just know they like that song and I just changed the channel. Blessing or curse, I don't know. Hell,... do you guys do this? there are certain songs that I really really really love and I refuse to try to learn them on guitar because I know (at least for me) how much time I'm going to have to spend with that song, and I have literally ruined some songs for me because I've listened to it so much and disected it to the point that now I can't help but think of it in terms of, yeah, that song is soooo easy to play, just a galloping rhythm with an E pedal point, basic bluesy style minor based solo...etc..... to the point where the song has lost some of it's "magic" on me. am I crazy or does that happen to you guys?

Sorry to get off on a rant. Just real tired and I so rarely get to talk with other people that pay attention to music, that can instantly tell the live version of Flying High Again from the studio version. I really do appreciate all of the radio station suggestions you've given me. keep em comin!
              For the aid of the sarcastically challenged, smartass comments will now be denoted in orange. Thank you for your support.

Comment

95.1 WIIL ROCK or streaming online at www.95wiilrock.com is the default station cuz its the only one that comes in clear.My boss took away my CD playing privleges after hearing Pungent Stench's remake of "the Four F club" when showing the shop to a customer
                Last edited by SOB H.R.MC; 10-14-2010, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Pretty sure Fade to Black was the last song on KNAC. I have the last week or so on tape, I'll try to remember to check. Yes I cried when they announced the end was near, and again at sign off. I have the last t-shirt and couple others, the UNFKNBLVBL hat, and a bunch of stickers. I haven't listened to the radio more than a few minutes since.

Weak signal is an understatement, they were in Long Beach and you needed the perfect conditions to hear them in the Valley. As Thrasher was fond of saying KNAC was the station with the "Great big, hairy, hanging down ones."
                  Last edited by Bri; 10-23-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X