Bark At The Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    Which Saxon one was that? I know they re-recorded some of their classics, and they sound pretty good, but you are well aware of what you are getting, they aren't trying to pass them off as "re-mastered with the odd re-take". In fact, I quite like the new versions, kind of like the Anthrax "Greater of 2 Evils" LP, even though the original versions are timeless classics. As for Ozzy, well, fuck knows what you are going to get when you buy any of his LPs, past or present.
    I think it was the ones you were thinking of. I couldn't find the originals anywhere and bought these, and was surprised to find out they weren't the originals.

I haven't listened to them since I bought them about 5 years ago. I keep saying "them" because I think I bought Crusader as well.

FWIW, I think the live versions they did at Wacken are awesome, and if this is a DVD I'd buy it. Here's Power and The Glory.

Sorry to get off topic.

Comment

Seems odd that they redid Jake's tracks since they bought out his rights to that album, but they obviously did. The Ultimate Sin is out of print (or was) because Jake wouldn't sell those rights.

Comment

Unreal--and it's one of my favorite albums...

Comment

Ugh, that "cut those douches out" version sucked ass, probably Sharon's fault. On the off topic post, that Saxon clip was sweet. I haven't listened to them in some time. I'll have to dust off the record player tonight for some Crusader action.

Comment

Working...
          X