What's your string brand of choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    +1 Chad. I don't get the coating craze at all either.
    I never did either...but I know myself...when I see 5 dollar strings and 12 dollar strings, my mind automatically says...I need the $12 strings. Perhaps I should just continue to buy what I like...the DRs have been working great for me for the last 5 years now.

Thanks fellas
    Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
      Yes...I bought them a few months ago, and don't know how the hell I played guitar with anything other than 'grip' type picks for all those years before. There are a few others I could recommend....one that stands out in my mind, which absolutely rival the Dunlops, are the Snarly Dogs...Guitar Center carries them. They're as good, if not better than the Dunlops.
      Glad you mentioned it.

Now..if someone would just reply to my comments on coated vs. non-coated, I'd be all set. Just need a couple opinions...that's all
      I've got some Snarling Dogs Brain picks as well and they're cool, too.

However-

I don't like the fact that the SD picks don't come in a heavier size (>1.0mm) and the fact that the edges on them aren't tumbled like the Max Grips are. The tumbled-edges vs. non-tumbled edge thing is important to me, as I don't wanna waste time breaking my picks. The Max Grips work right out of the bag and play great no matter the gauge, which is something I can't necessarily say about the Brain picks.

As far as the coated vs. not-coated string thing, both are cool. I don't have a preference.

Comment

i use Ernie Ball 9-42 on all my guitars...
        Jackson RX10D
        Jackson JX10

Comment

i like d'addario 10s. they feel awesome, and they have excellent customer service.

i bought a pack of strings that was missing a b string or someshit. I emailed them, and they fedexed me a new pack. they fucking rock my sox

Comment

GHS Boomers are what I've always used. 10-46. I've tried a few others but always end up back with GHS.
            My Toys:
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
            '94 Dinky HX in Black
            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

HOLY BATMAN, that's one hell of a thread brought up from the gutters...

Anyway, DEE ARR!

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
              and they have excellent customer service.

i bought a pack of strings that was missing a b string or someshit. I emailed them, and they fedexed me a new pack. they fucking rock my sox
              Oh yeah? DR sent me four free sets after I stumbled on a few bad packs from my music store.
              I <3 DR Strings.

2007 Jackson KV2
              2006 Schecter C1 Blackjack
              Randall RG75G2
              Line 6 PODxt

Comment

Working...
              X