Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw Metallica on Monday (Jackson content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by micha View Post
    aaalright, that's a song title...
    I already thought WTF!?...
    Yes, based on real events that turned into a movie called 44 Minutes.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362389/
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Yes, based on real events that turned into a movie called 44 Minutes.
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362389/
      How did I miss that Micheal Madsen gem?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I apparently missed it, too. I'll have to see it eventually.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I don't know. Kerry's okay, but his soloing more entertaining than Chris Broderick? Well, Chris is very shy and doesn't seem to have as much stage presence, but he's a better player than Kerry any day.
          A random bum would be better lead player than Kerry King but that's not the point.

Broderick's leads lack any attitude on the Megadeth album, there's no drama in them.

I think most thrash lead guitarists sound rather average... not much tone/melody/phrasing etc. but at least most of them play with aggression, they put some passion into it.

Broderick's leads on the Megadeth album are a bunch of mechanically played licks, there's no personality in them. He can do a lot better.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

OK - so first listen to Endgame besides what Megadave did on that late show, which was terrible. I've listened up to How the Story Ends on my commute.

Wow - good shit. I'm really digging this stuff. My history with Megadeth - not a huge fan, but I listen to RIP religiously - its top 3 thrash in my book, but as a band, I can't say I've dug what they did from Countdown to Extinction onwards.

Musically, I think the tracks I've listened to have been pretty killer. Good riffs, awesome leads. Lyrically, Dave's still in high school, especially 44 Minutes and Endgame - give me a break. I mean, its a clear regression from the intelligence from SFSGSW, KIMB and RIP.

I didn't think any of Chris' leads sounded "mechanical" or didn't fit in with the song. I thought there was good interplay between the two of them, and an obvious distinction between them, tonally and compositionally. I think I was listening for technical things, and sure, I said "oh that's a sweep" but hey, if I could sweep, I'd have swept there too.

Anyway - this will be in regular rotation I think.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I agree Endrik. The leads on that album are yawn-worthy. Mindless shredding just doesn't fit with Megadeth.

I'll also put it out there that 44 minutes is my least favorite track on the album.
              Scott

Comment

I love it, been in my player since the day it came out, a lot of kick ass songs.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Endgame was disappointing to me. It wasn't horrible, but I can't say it's an album I'd listen to straight through.

Comment

Working...
                  X