Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw Metallica on Monday (Jackson content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If yall want a good new thrash album get end game
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
      If yall want a good new thrash album get end game
      Yes, the new Megadeth is awesome!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Yes, the new Megadeth is awesome!
        Its easily the best album of the year. Ive had it in my cd player at work goin on 3 weeks now, just cant get enough of it! Brodericks playing is fuggin SICK as always, but even better with Dave behind it IMO!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It's been in heavy rotation in my car and on my computer. Chris' playing is indeed sick, especially the outro solo of 44 Minutes!

Comment

44 Minutes is one of my fav songs... I absoutley LOVE the little solo fill he does after the first chorus.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It's been in heavy rotation in my car and on my computer. Chris' playing is indeed sick, especially the outro solo of 44 Minutes!
              Same here
              "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
              Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Not only are Brodericks leads kick ass it seems Dave has stepped them up as well. Chris must have lit the fire under his ass. I think end game has some of the best leads ever played on a thrash album.

Comment

I think Endgame has some of the most forgettable leads ever played on thrash album. Broderick is a talented dude but the leads on the this album sound very sterile and plain. You can be a really fast and all that but when it comes to Megadeth it's a whole different game. The solos have to fit with Dave's writing... gotta have some hooks or weird quirks in them. Kirk Hammett who sucks ass as a lead guitarist at least has came up with solos with memorable hooks as on Ride The Lighting album.
                  Even all that vomit that Kerry King plays sounds more entertaining.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Wow, that's harsh....can't agree with that even a little bit.

Endgame is the album of 2009 all around as far as I'm concerned, and that's saying a lot with the things that have come out this year.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      Even all that vomit that Kerry King plays sounds more entertaining.
                      Not even close! And Jeff Hanneman is a better guitar player than Kerry anyway.

Comment

Not even close! And Jeff Hanneman is a better guitar player than Kerry anyway.
                        So why does KFK play all of Jeff's parts in the studio?

Jeff's definately a better lead player than KFC.. I mean, KFK, but KFK's leads are entertaining... its almost like he's trying to be avant garde, but he really just don't know what he's doing.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I don't know. Kerry's okay, but his soloing more entertaining than Chris Broderick? Well, Chris is very shy and doesn't seem to have as much stage presence, but he's a better player than Kerry any day.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, this has to be the first Metallica thread that turned into a Megadeth thread.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

I meant that KFC's solos are entertaining, not necessarily more entertaining than this Broderick guy.

I just got Endgame last night, loaded it into my phone to listen to today, and somehow my wife erased all the music off my phone. So I'll let you know tomorrow whAt I think of new Megadave.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                                44 Minutes is one of my fav songs... I absoutley LOVE the little solo fill he does after the first chorus.
                                aaalright, that's a song title...
                                I already thought WTF!?...
                                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                                X