No announcement yet.

Scam or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently traded off a schecter for my new love RR3 and I put in my add that I was only considering a trade not for sale got the same crap in my email inbox "Is the items still available?" knowing that it was a scam I had my fun with them I emailed back stuff like "what item?" to one of them used the last names Rodgers and I asked them if they were any relation to Roy Rodgers just having some silly fun with them. Funny thing was they would answer back again like I had emailed them that I was interested in selling them my "item". I gave all the email address to the trade commision I doubt it will stop them. I guess it's the little things in life I find entertaining. You will also probably get lots of other web sales sites emails I got several of them aswell.
    Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 10-14-2009, 06:45 PM.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I listed some stuff on CL recently and received the same stuff. I usually stick with my gut, if it seems fishy, I'll ignore the emails.

Comment

Originally posted by RR666 View Post
        I just noticed instead of the phrase i would like to buy it the person keeps saying we, who the hell is we?
        You know, the royal "We"

as in, "We are not amused"
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
          I listed some stuff on CL recently and received the same stuff. I usually stick with my gut, if it seems fishy, I'll ignore the emails.
          Yep, I usually get the same bullshit too whenever I deal with CL.
          Though, sometimes good deals do happen. I had a guy interested in an import Brian Moore guitar I was selling last year; the guy gave me his cell number and I gave him directions to my house because he wanted the guitar for his kid, so he showed up with cash and it was as smooth as can be.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Yep, I usually get the same bullshit too whenever I deal with CL.
            Though, sometimes good deals do happen. I had a guy interested in an import Brian Moore guitar I was selling last year; the guy gave me his cell number and I gave him directions to my house because he wanted the guitar for his kid, so he showed up with cash and it was as smooth as can be.
            I've had good CL deals as well. It just when emails come in like the one 426 received, instead of when, where, condition, or how much will you knock off the price. The worse then normal grammar(even worse then mine), and right away with the money orders, representatives that do the shipping, and an extra 10% to consider this deal done. Nobody gives gratuities when buying gear, come on man, thats the biggest red flag. Musicians are always trying to chisel a nickel off the price of things.

Comment

I ran into that too selling my xbox, I actually gave them my address and I got the money order but just in case I called money gram and surprise surprise, they were definitely fake. You could get in a lot of trouble if you actually turn in those money orders and they're usually for ridiculous amounts.

Don't even reply.
              "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

scammers always key on greedy dimwits trying to get stuff super-cheap.

you can't scam an honest man.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                X