Long hair or short hair..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long hair or short hair..?

I know there are a lot of guys here with short hair and with long hair. I'm not sure if I'm going through a phase of wanting to cut my hair because I'm in a little guitar rut, or if I'm genuinely just sick of long hair. I was wondering here if there were any guys with really long hair that cut it and decided it was the best thing (or worst) they had ever done. I've had short hair a long time ago, but I'm just not sure if I want to do it. I'm pretty sick of maintaning my hair and chicks don't really seem to dig it. I think the only time I really like having long hair is when I'm around a bunch of metal heads with long hair, other then that it's meh...

Little help?
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

I had long hair for a long time... but the older I got the more the hairline moved back... it started to look ridiculous. I miss it though.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

For me, once my hair is over a half inch it is too long. I usually keep my head clean shaved though.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Long, feels fun to head bang, just takes a lot of work.
        Ratt & Roll

Comment

Im a long haired asshole. Some chicks dig it some dont.
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

75cm (30 inches?) of straight long hair....I get chicks complimenting my hair ALL the time .

I have to get about 15cm of split ends cut ASAP though:/. And they are not as thick as they used to be 2-3 years ago :/.
            Last edited by Nazgul; 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I just cut mine the other day, yep my pubes's were gett'n quite long! and chicks don't dig a month full of hair, that is if they can make it to the end of a tootsie pop! Now Ron totally needs that long hair to hide that everyday hangover
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

depends really, there comes a point in every mans life when no matter how magnificent or thick your hair is , if it's long you'll look like a tit. (caveat if your a succesful musician you'll probably get away with it)

I had my hair down to my waist for about 10 years..loved it ..however I've had it short for the last 10 and over the last year I have a buzz cut

have to say I'm happiest with the buzz cut (which is lucky considering where my hairline is!)

bottom line,if you miss it it'll grow back (unless your over 30 in which case you probably have that klingon hairstyle going on!)

Comment

I used to have real long hair. I cut it off years ago when non musicians started wearing their hair long. It feels like a weight off once you get it cut. Now I sometimes go a year, year and a half without getting it cut but always seem to get it to the point where I can't stand it anymore and get it cut off. I think being Texas has a lot to do with it, too hot for super long hair for me down here...also far too many bad hair days in the summer heat..
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

you know what jacksons shred Jason Becker has long hair. Need I say more?
                    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Long...but I'm a chick..so...

Comment

long hair is cool, but if you start to get male pattern baldness or a receeding hairline, then it looks stupid. my hair used to be long, but I cut it cuz its getting too thin up top. it looks better now. I like long hair, but I refuse to look goofy. I dont want a comb over or a skullet. I will buzz it instead of look stupid.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

My hairs so damn thick I got a good while till I start balding
                          Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                            you know what jacksons shred Jason Becker has long hair. Need I say more?
                            Haha, dude, that's usually the ultimate way to persuade me. Just tell me Jason Becker did it or will do it. Hah.

I don't know, I'm about to start college, and as much as I like having long hair to throw around, it's a fucking pain in the ass, most chicks don't dig it and I'm sort of looking for a fresh start. The only time I really enjoy it is when I'm with people with long hair, other then that I'm not sure. I like the simplicity of short hair but it's just a tough thing i've been growing it out for a while..
                            Originally posted by horns666
                            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Funny question, when I joined the JCF my hair was 1/4"(I'd use the clippers 2 to 3 times a week(however as a younger Jayster I kept it halfway down my back)). I've been letting it grow again for about a year now(bangs down almost to the chin).

It can be irritating at times(especially at work), but I'd spent the last 8 years buzzing it, and before I can't grow it out again ~ I figured I would

Nick, it's purely a choice thing. However if your thinking chicks don't dig it, hang around different chicks. If you just want the change, remember once it's cut it will take a minute to grow back.
                              Last edited by Jayster; 09-13-2009, 09:34 PM.
                              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                              X