No announcement yet.

Are they're any veternarian members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shawn, truth be told - I'd had a few drinks and was walking in from my garage carrying an acoustic bass and a mixed drink. I immediately noticed the dogs fighting and threw my drink away, and with 1 hand tried to stop the(this was a failure). So then I ran inside safely layed the bass against the wall, and ran back out. At this point I still had a hard time separating them as the stronger bigger dog (Hessian) is black and it was night time, they were moving very fast in weird directions.

Once I had broken them up, I grabbed Igor(who seemed to fare worse). Once inside I was trying to do what I could for him, trust me it didn't look very good. So naturally my first thought was to give him something for pain(I don't keep a lot of drugs, so finding the advil ...). Then I wanted to try and clean and access it the best I could, however I'm no veterinarian

So that brought us up to the beginning of my thread .....

6string40 ~ Thankyou for your reply sir, someone else (Daniel) had also suggested the bufferin route and it's been added to the medicine shelf!!!!
    We did go to the vet on Tuesday, and we're doing the antibiotics. Most importantly however, is that I'm keeping the 2 guys apart. My wife and I have been alternating which dog gets to be inside, leaving the good dog(Annabell) outside.

Thanks everyone who helped me with this ~
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Glad you got him to the vet. I also didn't know that about ibuprofen until I was researching what to give my dog for her arthritis and intermittent hip pain a few years ago. When I was growing up we used to give our dog aspirin....

It is a bummer that they fought to begin with. Try watching the Dog Whisper show for some tips...that dude is excellent with dogs and recognizing which of the 2 starts it. Often time it is not the one who the owners think it is. Once you figure that out and the state of mind the dog is in when they initiate a fight you can correct it by getting them outta that state before it escalates into a brawl
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Good News...

Comment

Working...
        X