Paid on 8/4/2010 - still nothing but a bogus USPS tracking number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JJDK View Post
    and I thought that the condition could of (imho should of) been better.
    Should of? Could of? Those words together don't make any sense. The word you're looking for is HAVE, not OF.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Should of? Could of? Those words together don't make any sense. The word you're looking for is HAVE, not OF.
      Should-a,would-a,could-a.........20 years in NY and 20 years in the south.......your lucky that it "almost " made sense.........or is that cents?or since,or...............lol!

Comment

I am done with USPS. Absolute joke. We had a friend ship something to us from 50 miles away that he should have just let us pick up but he wanted to be Captain Helpful. It was stuff that had a ton of sentimental value. Shipped the 4th of December. I called, I went to the post office in person. I asked, I begged for some sort of instruction as to what I could do. I asked them to check in the back. I asked them to talk to the carrier. I spoke to carriers I caught in front of my house, only to be told "Sorry, this isn't my route I'm just helping out".

I spoke to a woman, face to face, at the local PO. I tried to show her the copy of the receipt for the shipped item. SHE REFUSED TO LOOK AT IT and said "It's not our receipt, it don't mean nothing"...it was a US Post Office receipt.

The package showed up yesterday, much to our relief, 17 days after it had been shipped, first class, 50 miles away.

So what am I complaining about? I'm complaining because I finally see just how utterly helpless and completely ignored you will be if you ever have something go wrong with the USPS. They are just a bunch of goons who absolutely couldn't care less. The guy in the post office next to the woman I dealt with was so unbelievably rude to the families who were trying to ship packages I couldn't believe it. I mean, "If we were standing in a bar and you talked to me like that one of us would be bleeding right now" rude.

You can say what you want about Fed Ex & UPS, but at least if they don't care personally on a human level they care on a corporate level and at least you'll get some sort of effort from someone trying to hold on to their job. USPS? No way. They can't go out of existences fast enough IMO.

FWIW I have heard there are threats to cut mail delivery to 3 or 4 days a week. Go for it, dudes. That's about how often I get my mail anyway, so what's the difference?

Sorry for the threadjack but at least part of this dramarama between folks is due to garbage service from the PO.

Comment

It amazes me that my name keeps coming up. I actually just sold two guitars here and both transactions went smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
            It amazes me that my name keeps coming up. I actually just sold two guitars here and both transactions went smooth.
            So you say.

I notice you never bothered to comment on my thread. You're gonna need a lot of rehab here after that.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
              It's smooth for you as soon as you get paid. It still took you 3 months to send a pickup to Ron that cost $5 to mail and you have the nerve to be amazed? Who'd you sell the guitars to so we can ask them how smooth it was?

Point is, you blemished your record forevermore by doing that, because you could always flake again. The fact that you EVENTUALLY sent the pickup doesn't make you gold. In fact IIRC you only mailed it after Ron said he had a buddy locally who was coming over to pick it up. So if he hadn't had someone who could show up to your door, some would question whether you would've EVER sent that pickup.

Just saying, curb your amazement....
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X